Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my wife is a triathalon freak ,will be finding myself in wisc. next year this time was wondering what season dates are for archery deer and or bear, what non resident fees are, are tags over the counter, good amounts of access to land in the madison area any information that you think will help thank you very much

·
Registered
199 Posts
season starts the second week of sept usually around the 15th. non res license is somewhere around 130. sold over the counter. madison is in a cwd zone so you can shoot anything and as many as you want, although it may be earn a buck next year. some good public grounds within 30 miles of madison but it gets hit hard on the week ends during the week it can be ok.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys hey hows that cwd thing work they shoot a whole bunch some are infected and some arent???? dont have any experience w/ that

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
very VERY few deer are infected, less than 1% of the total shot. I beleive they do free testing as well.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
what happens if you shoot one is it no good. are tags unlimited? what est. population in wisc.?

·
Registered
32 Posts
in the cwd zones you get 2 tags to start then after you fill those you can just get a couple more over the counter. Right now I wouldn't worry to much about cwd. I've hunted cwd zones now for 3 years and have averaged 5 deer per year and have yet to have one come back positive after the dnr does their test. Haven't even found anyone that I know that had one come back positive and I ususally hunt around the Madison areas.

Phil

1 - 8 of 8 Posts