Archery Talk Forum banner

Wisconsin opener -- 3d shoot

520 13
What would you think if the local sportsmans club ran the biggest 3d shoot of the year on OPENING WEEKEND?
:angry:
:thumbs_do
:pukey:
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
6,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Viking Bow and Gun Club.

I contacted them.

They basically said people won't be hunting opening weekend and will be going to the 3d shoot:rolleyes:

They already stopped the summer 3d from low attendance.

They are going to head themselves towards losing attendance at the fall one too now.

I was looking forward to it this year, but decided screw it when I found they put it on opening weekend.

· Registered
6,535 Posts
The only shooting i would be doing is in the stand :D

· Registered
2,683 Posts
lots of days to hunt, if they have guaranteed prises the odds will never be better.
Bad headwork on their part though. Clubs around here are always having 3-D shoots on the same day, just a little common sense and communication go a long way!

· Registered
2,520 Posts
The Viking is less than 10 minutes from my house but I won't be attending this year. They always have the fall shoot the weekend after Labor Day but they had more than enough time to change it. Even Labor Day weekend would have been a better choice.:thumbs_do

· Registered
968 Posts
Lots of people i have talked to around here say they dont even go until october cause its to hot to mess with. They dont want the meat spoiling.

I plan to go though cause its my first year. :D

oh and our local clubs do stuff on the same day also and have low turn outs, duh 2 or 3 choices im going to my favorite or the closest.

· Registered
769 Posts
dumb

Just got my paperwork in the mail yesterday, along with my fall turkey tag woo hoo, but didn't read it until now. Having their fall classic on opening weekend is not too bright, like was said earlier the holiday week end would have been better. Their archery setup in general could be better with what they have at the club. Heading out to Mishicot shoot this morning :thumbs_up

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.