Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
finally we have our snow we needed,last night on the way home ,i seen 77 deer in a 46 mile stretch coming home from work,the snow fall is a few weeks late but came in in just a nick of time for us hard core deer hunters,lastyear after our regular gun season i whacked 4 doe's,i didnt even start to put the late season pressure on,my boss shot a small buck last night during the snow storm,i know he shot it out of revenge because is did not do him good to have that little fella around during the rut ,the little scrapper chased off a really nice eight pointer,depending how much snow we have this should really make them move a little more for food,,,,,ever place i hunt im still seeing allot of deer so ever chance i have im letting a arrow fly we just plain have to manyy doe's,also does not help since the season opened in sept ive only missed 3 days so far to hunt,that included all the different hunts,so im in the woods allot,,,,need less to say im not one of the cry babys saying there are no deer,right now our odds of whacking a few more deer are very high,i have my eyes set on 4 different decent bucks and three scrappers i want out of the gene pool

·
Registered
421 Posts
I think I will go out during the antlerless hunt and do some scouting for a late season ambush point. I am hoping to hit it hard in the late season. My buddy shot a big buck two years ago in late December.

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
there are allot of deer to be had out there,the reason why the gun season count was down the deer where bedded up ,went nocturnal,the sign out there yet is just unbelievable,we know property that are bigger 600 acres that can hold there own deer pop,and are in qdm that have allot of deer and they did not see non,just plain where not moving

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
there are allot of deer to be had out there,the reason why the gun season count was down the deer where bedded up ,went nocturnal,the sign out there yet is just unbelievable,we know property that are bigger 600 acres that can hold there own deer pop,and are in qdm that have allot of deer and they did not see non,just plain where not moving
i belive that there are areas that still have good deer pop.but around here their scarce.i think the crop damage permits have taken their toll.now if we get a hard winter and with the dnr not allowing to feed the herd could get smaller in a hurry.

·
Banned
18,640 Posts
finally we have our snow we needed,last night on the way home ,i seen 77 deer in a 46 mile stretch coming home from work,the snow fall is a few weeks late but came in in just a nick of time for us hard core deer hunters,lastyear after our regular gun season i whacked 4 doe's,i didnt even start to put the late season pressure on,my boss shot a small buck last night during the snow storm,i know he shot it out of revenge because is did not do him good to have that little fella around during the rut ,the little scrapper chased off a really nice eight pointer,depending how much snow we have this should really make them move a little more for food,,,,,ever place i hunt im still seeing allot of deer so ever chance i have im letting a arrow fly we just plain have to manyy doe's,also does not help since the season opened in sept ive only missed 3 days so far to hunt,that included all the different hunts,so im in the woods allot,,,,need less to say im not one of the cry babys saying there are no deer,right now our odds of whacking a few more deer are very high,i have my eyes set on 4 different decent bucks and three scrappers i want out of the gene pool
"Bloodbath"....nice wording ...... :pukey: .....ARAers just love that crap !!! ....:confused: ...... :mad:

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
grow up its a hunting form not a peta

·
Registered
10,277 Posts
I have to call BS. :)

If you read all the WI guy's posts you guys have killed all your deer and your game department oughta be lynched.

·
Registered
131 Posts
every year people complain about the lack of deer here in wisconsin and i hunt the heart of cwd....during the start of the rut i saw lots of deer...5 bucks and atleast 5 does also all on public land....cant wait til the 4 day doe hunt which starts tomarrow theres lots of snow....they cant hide ne more now

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Where to hunt

I have never hunted in this much snow before... I would guess to look for some cut corn fields. Is that what you guys would do??? What are some areas to look to hunt with this much snow?

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Hunlee is having too great of an impact on people.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
is anybody up in the hayward/spooner/siren area? we have a cabin in Hayward and I want to know how much snow there is cause I wanna snowmobile really badly!!!!!!!:wink:

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
also the guys that are crying are also guys that ,are pretty much done hunting for the year as well there is only a hand full of guys in this state that will bow hunt second season,which in my eyes is better hunting than the 4 days of the rut,thats the exact days the rut lasted here in shawano county

·
-------
2,640 Posts
also the guys that are crying are also guys that ,are pretty much done hunting for the year as well there is only a hand full of guys in this state that will bow hunt second season
Nice to meet you Captain Generalization.

Obviously the hunting across the entire state is exactly the same as where you hunt. good grief

·
Registered
947 Posts
also the guys that are crying are also guys that ,are pretty much done hunting for the year as well there is only a hand full of guys in this state that will bow hunt second season,which in my eyes is better hunting than the 4 days of the rut,thats the exact days the rut lasted here in shawano county
And how do you know this?

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
I would agree about Northern Wisconsin- I have seen tons of deer all over. Can't speak for those in EAB areas, though. I just know that not many people up here are having problems finding the deer.

·
Registered
278 Posts
It's nice to know that you you think every single deer was in rut in the four days you say. Geez, you really do think you know everything.:confused:

·
Registered
769 Posts
I call double BS

Getting real tired of everyone complaining about the DNR basically being called poor hunters. I am by no means blowing any horns but I do know how to hunt and also don't believe jack the DNR says anymore. That being said I'm sure there are still deer out there in areas, but not like what the DNR is trying to sell. If you do believe in the DNR, well I hear santa will be at your local wal mart so you can go give him your list. :mg:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts