Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another wolve on trail cam, beautiful animal just not in this state and especially in front of my stand, I was there first lol! PICT0185.jpg

·
TreeRatNation Lead Rat
6,828 Posts
SSS nuff said!!!!! I will gladly send them some hogs to turn loose and eat!!

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lol thanks guys.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Wis has so many dang wolves in the north its crazy I think we need to trap a pack or too and move them to Milwaukee and Dane county so they can enjoy the fun too. The DNR had 9 confirmed bear hounds killed in Aug during training and a total of 15 hounds and 3 pets killed or mauled since March with an untold number of live stock issues, but with $ 87,486 paid out in 2010 for live stock claims I can assume they are hammering the hell out of them to. In 2010 the Annual wolf damage payments were approximately $ 203,943.51.Since 1985 they have paid $1,083,162.62 in verified wolf damage claims with that number expected to increase as the packs expand and new packs are formed with out any meaningful controls in place.

·
Registered
28,624 Posts
Cool pic.

·
Registered
493 Posts
what a waste of money! Something tells me that wolf restoration projects would not be very successful in texas, Esp ******* east tx where I live. The ranchers here would take things into thier own hands most likely.

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
what a waste of money! Something tells me that wolf restoration projects would not be very successful in texas, Esp ******* east tx where I live. The ranchers here would take things into thier own hands most likely.
that would be the same here in Indiana, we have a lot of people around here that if it looks new or different or they dont really know what kind of animal it is they shoot first then ask questions later from what i have seen from people.

·
Premium Member
5,242 Posts
that would be the same here in Indiana, we have a lot of people around here that if it looks new or different or they dont really know what kind of animal it is they shoot first then ask questions later from what i have seen from people.
...and coyotes are the spawn of Satan here in my rural neighborhood

·
Registered
7,917 Posts
nice pic

·
Registered
679 Posts
Reaper - I gun hunt in Forest County WI so I feel your pain. We have a couple packs that overlap our gun hunting area. We hear them occasionally, see their tracks all of the time. My cousins run into to them running dogs on a consistent basis. I have some pics of a lone black wolf from last year that are really neat. Nothing sends chills down your spine after hearing a pack howl when your on a stand.

My uncle lost 2 hounds near Pelican Lake a few years back. The speed at which the 2 wolves took care of those hounds was unbeleivable.

BTW, Is Florence ever going to get back to the powerhouse they used to be??

1 - 20 of 33 Posts