Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently installed a set of pine ridge archery wishbone strings silencers on my Matthews Z7 and ever since I’ve had issues with my peep and dloop twisting to the right. I put it in the press and twisted in the opposite direction to realign the peep, which worked for about 10 shots until the peep rotated right back where it was (about 35 degrees out). I’m just wondering if anybody else has had issues with these silencers? And if so was there a fix or should I just trash em’? Thanks

·
Shootin and Cussin
24,960 Posts
I've used them for years and have never had an issue. I think something else is going on assuming you installed them correctly.

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
I use the wishbone silencers but never had that issue. They are about like monkey tails etc. I don't think they could cause that on my string. They don't have enough weight to them to twist my string. I'm concerned you might have something else going on with you rstring, like a broken strand that you can't see.

·
Mark
6,046 Posts
Dump them and get some cat whiskers. Tie in ball shape ( YouTube videos) and you can’t beat them.

Reactions: Minerigger

·
Registered
163 Posts
It seems like a real coincidence that your peep started rotating when you installed the wishbones. I doubt seriously you have a broken strand. Take them off and re tie your peep. If your peep functions, that will confirm 2 things. 1. the wishbones were the culprit or 2. You have something else going on such as a broken strand. I think your peep is going to be fine though.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the insight guys, I think I’ll try @bumper52 ’s approach and see what it does when I remove the wishbones. I don’t think I have a broken strand but who knows, the strings are fairly new but well past what I would consider the break in period. I’ll let you all know if I figure it out

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mystery Solved!!!
Turns out it had nothing to do with the string silencers, just a coincidence. Turns out my hand tied nocking points had worn and loosened causing them to become tight around the nock. So tight in fact that at full draw the arrow was actually twisting the string, causing the peep to rotate. So after cutting off and retying the d loop and the nocking points it’s now shooting like a brand new bow! Hope this helps someone

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I did a YouTube video on the issue just in case anyone who’s having the same problem wants a more in depth explanation.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.