Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
who runs one and doesnt have issues with it. i am setting up a hunting bow and i like the thought of the full capture. i know the cons that come with one but im ok with them.

·
Registered
640 Posts
i've been using one for 15 years. full capture, simple design, no moving parts, almost no risk of failure--to me it's the perfect hunting rest.

i shoot feathers, and they do tend to look a little ragged around the edges after a while. but it in no way effects arrow flight or stabilizing ability of the fletching.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I've shot one for 5 years and don't really think I will ever stop. Can't beat it in the tree and like others have said arrow flight is not compromised. My 4 inch vanes get a little streaked but they still last a long time.

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
I have one on all of my bows. I think its the best rest for hunting full containment, reliable and easy to tune for broadheads. It is accurate but will show flaws in shooting form more than a dropaway.

·
Andrew McMullen
833 Posts
Shot one for years, just don't use feathers. they like to eat em! The only complaint I have, with mine, is that I cannot adjust elevation, I have to move the d-loop There is a model with set screws and adjustment screws. As long as I do my part I'm good out to 40 (my max range for now). I remember as a kid having the rest that the arrow would fall off, or made a screeching sound when drawn, funny how loud that sound was when the woods is dead silent...

·
Making it REIGN
3,794 Posts
I shoot one. Tryed A handfull of dropaways. Ima stick with the biscuit.

·
Registered
13,750 Posts
ive been using them for years,, they are about as fool proof as has ever been made, and more accurate than anyone i have ever seen can shoot..if you decide to go fall away, go with the dependability of the limb driver

·
Registered
10,363 Posts
they work fine as long as you shoot well and tune the dang bow and rest. use stiffer vanes and glue the leading edge. make sure the dark bristles are to the bottom of the arrow and the index vane is up away from the darker bristles. make sure the bisquit is square to the riser

·
Registered
135 Posts
My bow came with one installed and I don't have a reason to change.

30yd groups look like this and I have only been shooting since January about twice a week:
IMG_0699.jpg

1 - 14 of 14 Posts