Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I am getting back into bowhunting and im trying to figure out witch bow i should pick out. There are 2 that i like and that are in my price range. They are the PSE- Brute and the Diamond- the Rock. The Brute has a longer brace hight by an inch but the Rock is a pound lighter and is faster but not by alot. I was wondering if anyone out there could give me any info about these bows besides what ifo i can get from a catalog. I will be using the bow for hunting Whitetail Deer in Northern Minnesota and every few years i will be going to Wyoming to hunt Elk. I plan on getting a bow with a 70 pound draw.
Thanks!
Ryan

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
I shot the Rock and was really impressed with the speed and how quiet it was.I think its a lot of bow for the price.

·
Registered
7,956 Posts
rock it out i say . . . rock it out

·
Bowhunt/Homebrew have FUN
24,485 Posts
For what it worth

You could get a much better bow on here in the classifieds. Sure it would be used, but you could get a top shelf PSE or Diamond if they are the brands you prefer, or you could branch out into the Bowtech, Mathews, and Hoyts.

All that you really need to know is your draw length and how much daw weight you could handle.

I know it is the age old debate a brand new med-low grade or a used top shelf. In my opinion, go with the used top-shelf, especially if you get it from someone here on AT. All of the guys that I have dealt with here have been INCREDIBLE. I just picked up a fully loaded 07 Drenalin that if new would run well over $1200 for $700. It arrived today and is as immaculate as the seller indicated it would be.

I got an Elite GTO without a mark on it for 200 less than I could get the bare bow in any shop and it had a ripcord rest and montanna black gold site on it. My brother needed a set-up.

Just my .02, do with it what you will!!

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
i would deff go with the rock fast smoth quit and great price

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Drenalin LD.

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
Spend a few extra bucks, and get a real bow..................

PSE x-force..........YOU will Love it.............

Rev

·
Retired GI "still serv'n"
13,960 Posts
Shoot them both, in your draw length and draw weight. Get the one that feels best in your hands.
Yep shoot both and see which one shoots best for you.....
Everyone is different and what others my think is an awesome bow, you might not.
I too have heard great things about the Rock but I would say try to get out and shoot as many different models as you can that are in your budget.

·
Undocumented
18,095 Posts
I choose PSE Brute

Hello there,
I just came home with a new PSE Brute and I love it. I too had a Budget. I am new to archery, so when i made my decision i also kept in mind that i have no knowledge of repair or service of the Bow I choose. If your familiar with your draw length, weights and know how to put it together as well as adjusting it. then you can buy your bow at a big box store or online. if your new like me, I would go to a local pro shop like i did, support your local dealer. they will be there to help you out, especially if you bought the Bow from them. When you buy a bow, you must think about warranties, service, who will help you?. My Brute is quite, is of great quality and of course, appearance. my dealer had me punching the center target at 20 yards, and I'm disabled with a bad back. I hope I helped you out. remember, the best bow is the bow that feels and fits you alone. :cocktail:

·
Registered
5,919 Posts
As others said, SHOOT EVERYTHING you can, if you already have and you've settled on one or the other, don't let us make that decision, only you can really make such a decision.

If you're on a budget, set a budget, shoot EVERYTHING you can that falls within that BUDGET, and then go on about making a decision.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Of the two I have only shot the Brute. It is definetly a nice bow for the money, my hunting buddy just bought one and is completely satisfied. It will kill an elk easily. I myself got a great deal on a Firestorm X. It was discontinued this year but was a $700 bow. If you look around you should be able to find one for $450ish. It is amazingly smooth and forgiving. Hope this helps.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts