Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
32,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a long day of moving our belongings from AL to Texas, my wife and I are finally back home. Tyler is just north of my home town of Palestine but close enough for me. I'll be joining the Tyler Archery Club with my oldest son and it will be nice to be near friends and family.....

·
32,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Nitroboy and Okie....whats going on in Paris this Sat?

·
32,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Local Archers for Christ shoot.. Usually pretty good..they have a website
Sounds like fun but I'm already committed to take a guy to the gun show in Winsboro this week-end! I'm also worn out as we speak. Moving is the pits and hard on my joints.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Archers for Christ shoots twice a month...check the website for dates. There are several AT members that shoot there. It'd be great to shoot with you...come when you can! We always have a good time.

·
32,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Archers for Christ shoots twice a month...check the website for dates. There are several AT members that shoot there. It'd be great to shoot with you...come when you can! We always have a good time.
I will do that. I understand they have a very nice course for 3-D up there.....Is that a trad shoot or is wheelie bows involved?

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
No place like home. I'm glad to hear you made it safely. I had intended to give you my phone number in case you needed anything on the trip across but I didn't know when you were leaving. Too late now,you're across the border already.:)
Btw it's a hundred miles to Paris. You will have to get readjusted to Texas where everything's a hundred miles away even if it's not very far on the map.

·
32,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No place like home. I'm glad to hear you made it safely. I had intended to give you my phone number in case you needed anything on the trip across but I didn't know when you were leaving. Too late now,you're across the border already.:)
Btw it's a hundred miles to Paris. You will have to get readjusted to Texas where everything's a hundred miles away even if it's not very far on the map.
Yep, you're absolutely right about the distance. Going across the state is one long venture. Made that journey to Arizona quite a few times and I got to Tombstone in a day and a half, usually getting there about 1PM in the afternoon and that was pulling a fifth wheel RV. 100 miles is not much really except for the dang gas prices. I'm just pumped at being back here in Texas. Now, if I can just get this house decorated right with all my art and knives. I have around 30 knives and 50 pieces of art work to put in a 1700 sq ft home. My wife is curling her nose at me.....she don't appreciate the culturistic man she is married to......

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
I will do that. I understand they have a very nice course for 3-D up there.....Is that a trad shoot or is wheelie bows involved?
It's a mixed shoot..although the have a couple of all trad shoots a year.

the club president is a trad shooter and a great guy. He is also the owner of the Broadhead Barn in Paris

·
32,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It's a mixed shoot..although the have a couple of all trad shoots a year.

the club president is a trad shooter and a great guy. He is also the owner of the Broadhead Barn in Paris
Sounds great, I'll put that on my list of "have to make one soon".

1 - 13 of 13 Posts