Archery Talk Forum banner

wives that want you to fill the freezer

1777 Views 51 Replies 50 Participants Last post by  kurtty52
how of you guys out there that have wives/liveins that want you to fill the freezer?how many wives/liveins don"t want wild game even come into the house.mine say fill it up and dont waiste no time doing it.
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

· Registered
2,313 Posts
She coulnt care less , she dont eat it, dont want to see it , but as long as its packaged she dont mind it.:confused:

· Registered
spoon & crockpot proud member......killing tomorrows trophys today
34,775 Posts
My wife won't eat it but doesn't care how much of it I bring home. I end up donating a sizable portion of my harvest to "hunters helping the hungry" in my state.

· Registered
1,391 Posts
I bought a seperate freezer for the critters, she eats it when i cook it, but dont ask for it

· Registered
2,623 Posts
Mine figured out two things - venison is good and when venison is for supper I'm usually the one cooking it.

And since my equipment is paid for, the venison fills the the freezer at a good price. She actually told me to get the freezer filled - the price of everything continues to go up so she likes having the venison on hand. The kids love it too. My five year old daughter is too young to be tainted by Disney so for her it's all about the taste - she'll eat backstraps till they're gone and take a bite of a T-Bone and walk away.

"You better hunt". So says Mommy. Win, win.

· Registered
22 Posts
Mine loves it eating it, but doesn't want to see it unless its packaged and ready to cook. She just started cooking it over the last few months....I must admit she is pretty good at it.

Last year she even played air guitar singing "backstrap fever" ....so I guess my answer is "fill it up"

· Registered
342 Posts
Wife loves to eat it, doesn't care to hunt it, but will help process it when i haul it home. 2 out of 3 aint bad.

· Registered
496 Posts
Fill the freezer. She loves venison and would love a big buck mount, but filling the freezer is top priority. The younger ones taste better anyway. I'll shoot the first one that walks by if its not too small. Gotta lose it's spots first.:wink:

· Registered
1,100 Posts
She likes it when i shoot stuff.

· Registered
474 Posts
Mine eats the jerky before I can get it in the bag and can't wait till I put some on the grill, that said this year shes trying to help fill it so maybe I won't run out by june this year. :wink I also wanna try that recipe over on the recipe thread with the cream cheese that you roll up.:tongue:

· Registered
349 Posts
Mine is getting there. She likes the burger and roasts and uses some of the smaller roasts for stew meat. I think she'll try the steak from my elk. today she wanted me to wait till she got home from work to help me process that elk. she ran the vacuum sealer. wont shoot anything though, but she will set in the stand with me.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.