Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and the boys are heading down this week to stick some pork chops,Ill keep you guys posted to how it goes,we looked at about 15 differant places to go.Alan Wilson seems to have the best spot so were driving 13 hours to go play in Tennesee.
Iam sure were gonna have fun,just wish my new Elite was gonna be making the trip with me.Oh well one more pig for the 101st.Ill post pics when we get back

· Registered
10,765 Posts
I hunted there alot over the years they are grewat folks .And a they have tons big animals as well .So be picky and remember you dont need to shoot the first animals you see .Also there is a honey hole of sorts way way back along the highest ridgeline accross the small switch grass food plot, to the south west .It is loaded with huge rocks and boulders and the big ones get up in there and its awsome.The small ones stay low remeber that it will help.

Here is a pic of one I took ther several years ago and look for the big brown and grey russian boar hanging on the main lodge wall you will know it by the incription with my name the initials are E. H . and 30-30 on a small brass plaque under it.

Enjoy its a blast the hunt there is what you want to make of it .:thumbs_up

Hope you injoy

· Registered
63 Posts
I've been there twice, hunted with a .357 and took a really big black Razorback the first time and a nice Russian Boar the second time.

It is a high-fence hunt, you will see a lot of hogs along with the exotics. Take your time and enjoy the action before you draw back on one.

If you are going during the week of spring break be aware that they are generally way overbooked that week. We spent the few days there the second trip staying at a motel in town. Which was not all bad, we had our own bathrooms and cable tv and didn't have to put up with the drunken idiots at the lodge. Not that everone there is, but we saw more than we needed to of weekend warrior hill-billies swilling moonshine and getting in arguments over the card games.

We got drunk and acted like idiots all by ourselves. :thumbs_up

· Registered
10,765 Posts
350# + he was a good one you will need a large cooler for a hog this size .Allso take you favorite breakfast sausage seasoning .They will grind it into your meat and its great that way .I would recomend letting them proccess your kills its much easier that way !! And also leave your heads with The taxidermist that comes to the lodge .His name is Grady Wilson And they do great work on exotics!!He will need about $100.00 or $200.00 for deposit! It is the most no hasstle way to go and enjoy your hunt .They even gut and taker your animals out on a 4 wheeler!:shade:

· Registered
36,987 Posts
Can't wait to see how you liked that place , have thought about that place myself ... good luck

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.