Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Banned
1,976 Posts
By mid-2019, the Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife will have paid a consultant up to $1.6 million over four years to help it reconcile conflicting views on wolves, according to the consultant’s contract.

She is paid $400 a hour to consult by phone and $8,000 a day to lead meetings in person. The contract also includes travel expenses.

What education, experience, or qualifications does she have to rate such a high pay????

·
Registered
9,215 Posts
She has a piece of paper that says she has a doctorate degree.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I can't read it knowing there's a chance my brain would explode...
Here's two sentences from the article that will summarize it. Warning: they'll also disgust you.

By mid-2019, the Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife will have paid a consultant up to $1.6 million over four years to help it reconcile conflicting views on wolves, according to the consultant’s contract.

Her job, according to the new contract, is to bring about a “social system alignment to support and improve the likelihood of long-term capacity, empowerment and effective decision-making around wolf conservation and management.”

·
Banned
1,976 Posts
Here's two sentences from the article that will summarize it. Warning: they'll also disgust you.

Her job, according to the new contract, is to bring about a “social system alignment to support and improve the likelihood of long-term capacity, empowerment and effective decision-making around wolf conservation and management.”

We’re winning hearts and minds here folks!

·
Registered
4,224 Posts
I've always thought consulting is where it's at. You don't actually have to do anything. Make an assessment, furnish a report with suggestions, collect a check. Best gig in the world.

·
Banned
19,441 Posts
It also costs us as taxpayers to kill "nuisance" wolves. Couple hundred "nuisance" wolves a year are killed here in Minnesota. Money ran out in 2017 to even keep pace. You can't make this up. An animal that is "threatened" is also in numbers so great that it's deemed a "nuisance" and we as taxpayers foot the bill to protect it and kill it.

This is what happens when politics are allowed to complicate something that can be solved with simple common sense.

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
I will consult for free... Kill all of the them!!!

·
Registered
374 Posts
Wisconsin has recently introduced a bill that would send a message to the feds on the Wolf issue. Basically it tells the feds to suck-it! The proposal, if made law, would bar any state official from enforcing or investigating any federal law regarding wolves. It says the feds have not done their part on this issue, and we will no longer be doing ours. I think it's pretty smart.

Here's an article on it if you want to read: https://www.safariclub.org/what-we-...pose-bill-to-limit-state-management-of-wolves

·
Banned
19,441 Posts
And all the smart folks on Isle Royale have suddenly turned hypocrite by wanting to introduce outside wolves into their once legitimate study. Moose won and they don't like it. Inbreeding killed off the wolves so let's take something that was 100% run by Mother Nature and interject our own bias so we can keep funding $$$ flowing and justify our jobs. Man, I couldn't be more sick of wolf politics.

·
Banned
19,441 Posts
Wisconsin has recently introduced a bill that would send a message to the feds on the Wolf issue. Basically it tells the feds to suck-it! The proposal, if made law, would bar any state official from enforcing or investigating any federal law regarding wolves. It says the feds have not done their part on this issue, and we will no longer be doing ours. I think it's pretty smart.

Here's an article on it if you want to read: https://www.safariclub.org/what-we-...pose-bill-to-limit-state-management-of-wolves
I was happy when I saw Wisconsin took this initiative. I knew when this happened that liberals in Minnesota would never follow suit.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
What education, experience, or qualifications does she have to rate such a high pay????
Well, obviously, she is good at sales, for one thing....

from article: "She is paid $400 a hour to consult by phone and $8,000 a day to lead meetings in person. The contract also includes travel expenses."

So... do you think she outsources her phone support to India? (jk)

·
Corripe Cervisiam
21,263 Posts
There is ZERO common sense in government....and the Liberal Dems scratch their heads wondering why Trump got elected - Ugh, this is why right here.

So what do we do besides cry about it on a forum?

Is there a Wash state Bowhunter org that we can support/contact?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts