824 Views 11 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  onetohunt
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
306 Posts
Very interseting info!

· Registered
1,760 Posts
interesting

There is a filmed account of one pack taking over another packs territory. It was one heck of a battle. One interesting side note, the pack that lost the territory had tolerated these two foxes, letting them eat from the carcass after they were full. When the new pack took over the foxes thought they would have the same privilages. They let them come into the carcass and then as if on cue attacked, one made it, one was a snack. I'll see if I can find it. Well I looked and can't find the production, I'm pretty sure it was a fight between the Druids and the Slough wolf packs in Yellowstone.

· Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There is a filmed account of one pack taking over another packs territory. It was one heck of a battle. One interesting side note, the pack that lost the territory had tolerated these two foxes, letting them eat from the carcass after they were full. When the new pack took over the foxes thought they would have the same privilages. They let them come into the carcass and then as if on cue attacked, one made it, one was a snack. I'll see if I can find it. Well I looked and can't find the production, I'm pretty sure it was a fight between the Druids and the Slough wolf packs in Yellowstone.
I hope you find it. That would be great to watch.

· Registered
2,718 Posts
There was a documentary on PBS about a week ago about the two wolf packs in Yellowstone (Druids and Sloughs). It was very interesting how wolves struggle to survive, and how violent and deadly they can be.

· Registered
1,183 Posts
There was a documentary on PBS about a week ago about the two wolf packs in Yellowstone (Druids and Sloughs). It was very interesting how wolves struggle to survive, and how violent and deadly they can be.
That one has been around for a couple years, at least. Really good documentary.

· Banned
18,714 Posts
PBS had a "Nature" special about the Druids called " In the Valley of the wolves". It was about the packs of "Druids and the "Slough's" in the Lamar Valley of Yellowstone....it showed the packs fighting for territorial rights and a 'yote that stayed to long at elk kill was tore apart by the wolves....it has some neat footage including a elk cow brought down in the water by the pack....it was obvious the slant of the show was towards the anti's but it was still a good show IMO....:thumbs_up

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.