Archery Talk Forum banner

Wolf sighting thread.

1298 13
So with the seasons going into full swing,I thought it'd be helpful to post sightings members had while in the hills.

Anything you think that could be wolf related.
...track,no big game,actual sighting,even just having that "feeling."

:)
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
5,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

· Registered
8,583 Posts
See me now , and you will see me later. Dang it !! ya distracted me, now were in the heck did I leave that Elk leg. Hey Twisted ya seen it ? :wink:

Crazy Wolf.

· Registered
5,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The boss just packed in their elk camp.
Wolf track every where,no elk at all.....
.....minus the the cow and calf carcass from an early summer kill left to rot in the timber that circles a hidden meadow...a meadow,he says is usually a productive rutting hide-a-way!

I believe him when he says he's worried...his party always tags two or three bulls every year....he seems certain they'll just be camping there this year :sad:

· Registered
5,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
See me now , and you will see me later. Dang it !! ya distracted me, now were in the heck did I leave that Elk leg. Hey Twisted ya seen it ? :wink:

Crazy Wolf.
If you can wait I'll bring ya a couple here in a week or so!:)

· Registered
5,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I prefer fresh if ya dont mind. :tongue: Seriously tho ya guys need help soon. Manage is the key. Hope ya guys see it someday. Its just one hunt I cant do. Good Luck !

Crazy Wolf.
Management.
That's all most of us are hoping for.... I hope.

Crazy Wolf....that's what makes you....you!
Wouldn't want it any other way...peace bro!:)

· Registered
5,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Anyone have anything to update/add?

· Registered
5,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nothing?

All's well, that's great!
I feared they would be a serious issue this season.

· Registered
1,099 Posts
The other day heading to my stand I saw moose tracks passing through some mud. When I left my stand later in the day I saw very large wolf tracks following it. I tend to forget that wildlife keeps going when we're in the woods, even if we don't see it.

· Registered
1,099 Posts
I read somewhere that the state of Minnesota is able to hold approximately 500 wolves, and currently I guess we have about 5k. Maybe the story was skewed a little off, but I know we have a pisston of wolves up here. Bring on a hunting season!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.