Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just have a quick question?? maybe some of you can help with. I was curious as to whether or no they actually make woman's bow's? or do I just have to buy a bow with a lower draw weight??? any help will be galdly appreciated. Thank you in advance

April:confused2:

·
Now Older than Dirt
780 Posts
Womens Bows

Yes some of the manufacturers actually design bows for women. Hoyt comes to mind with their Selena bow which is about a pound lighter in weight than a standard bow. My daughter has one and loves it while my wife is happy with a full size bow with lower poundage limbs. I know Bowtech also makes the Equalizer which is lighter and while not specifically made for women it does offer them a very very fast bow at short draw lengths and lighter poundage and it is a little lighter than their other offerings. Most bow companies have on offering in their line-up that is a little lighter in weight and tailored to generate good arrow speeds with the lower poundage and shorter draw weights most women are comfortable with. Might want to post this in the womens only area, they are great over their and am sure they can possibly suggest even more bow choices than the 2 I have listed.

·
Registered
8,652 Posts
Some are Better than Others

My wife shoots 40#'s with a 24" AMO draw and has a couple of Barnsdales and a Mathews Prestige. She loves all three of her bows and they fit her specs perfectly. All depends on how committed to archery she is. Since archery is our main recreational activity and we shoot indoors all winter and Field all summer, I don't mind spending the money for the best equipment.
If your wife is new to archery there is no point in spending $1000 on a bow till she gets an idea of what she would like and if this is something she wants to spend her recreation time pursuing. My wife started off with a Parker Challenger and then got a Martin Phantom. Both of these are GREAT bows and won't break your budget. If money is no object, the Prestige and the Barnsdale Ultimate X bows are as good as it gets.
Jbird

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
sure do

sure do a couple that come to mind right away... Hoyt Sapphire and the Mathews Mustang...smaller grips, lighter physical weight... build just for the smaller framed women or child!!!

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
thumperX said:
sure do a couple that come to mind right away... Hoyt Sapphire and the Mathews Mustang...smaller grips, lighter physical weight... build just for the smaller framed women or child!!!
My wife just bought a Mathews mustang a week ago. She loves it...
With a 24 inch draw she knew she was safe bringing it home lol

·
Registered
11,484 Posts
For shorter draw length and weights 60# and under there is no equal to the Equalizer.:)

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Another vote for the BowTech Equalizer. The bow is lightweight, smooth and fast. It is also forgiving. This gives you a better choice of arrows, which is very important. Also, the drawlength can be adjusted with an inexpensive module instead of switching cams.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
We just had a female win our latest contest and chose the new 2007 Bengal as her choice of bows and has nothing but great comments about it... The bow is awesome and has the weights and draws to cover the entire spectrum of shooters. Male or Female... she wouldn't be dissapointed... trust Martin M4L:zip:

·
Registered
176 Posts
Another vote for Bowtech

The Bowtech Equalizer would be a great bow. Also the Diamond Rapture Lite would be a great choice in a single cam setup. IMHO

·
Registered
777 Posts

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
I did some research into this when looking for a bow for my daughter.. What we wanted was a longer ATA, high BH, bow… She target shoots only and claims she wants to get into serious competition. She is 5’8” by the way and of average build… 26.5 to 27” draw..

Some of the bows mentioned are good bows, and we did consider them.. we even looked at the BT Allegiance, but we considered some of these a little too short ATA for what she will be doing..

Keep in mind we were/are basing decisions on opinions and recommendations from archers and the bow manufacturers.

However, when we looked around, the serious women archers we knew of, most, were using bows like Hoyt’s Protec, long ata Martins, etc… We wanted to stay Bowtech, as this is what is sold where we shoot… and we like the bows…

Our choices came down to:

Hoyt Protec with 30 to 40 limb limbs

05 Bowtech Old Glory with 40 lb limbs.... (06 will not go down to the needed Dl)

We went with the OG. I hope we did not make a mistake. If we did it will be a Protec for sure. The one thing I do not like about BT is that they do not offer, more longer ata bows for the target shooter that is lighter in frame and smaller in size.. This is the only serious complaint I have with BT. I think they are missing the boat...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts