Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious , what’s all the hype about these ozone gadgets what exactly are they supposed to do for some folks to go and pay these crazy prices .. just curious To me it’s a waste of money , what’s y’all s opinion .... no offense meant to each his own your money do with it as you please

·
Banned
18,640 Posts
Which ones... the ones that go in a tree, a vehicle or closet

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
I’ve used them a few times

Deer still know something is up and are on alert.
But they don’t take off.

But I think the ozonics puts out a lot of scent. And deer seem to smell it at longer distances.

Just my experience the 6-8 times I’ve used one.

I wouldn’t be buying it

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All of them , totes ,closets, bags , in a tree etc what’s all the hype about My opinion is it’s all a waste of money , but to each his own just wondering what others think

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
All of them , totes ,closets, bags , in a tree etc what’s all the hype about My opinion is it’s all a waste of money , but to each his own just wondering what others think
Why ask if you already made up your mind?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well season is over here , I’m bored and would like to know others opinions , there’s a lot of folks on this forum , a lot folks that hunt big bucks ( I’m not one ) but I’ve heard a lot of different ideas as how folks go in the woods sprays ozone smoke their clothes so I thought I’d ask , how about you

·
Registered
4,595 Posts
I think they works and if you do a google search you will find some compelling information supporting that they are effective. I stopped using my closet unit as it destroyed the elastic suspenders on my Sitka Gear.

·
Registered
37,113 Posts
Well to me the ones for in a tree are a waste. I just can't see how it could be effective out in the open like that. As far as the totes go I believe they do kill odors on clothes very well but I can't see how a large tote full of clothing could get the ozone on so parts of the clothes. I have one but it did ruin the elastic in some of my clothes.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
767 Posts
I went on Amazon and got a clothes locker and an ozone generator costed me about 70$ and is almost exactly what scent crusher sells for I think $400. I am still very cautious about wind but when a deer does end up down wind I've noticed a lot better results. Just last weekend had three does 20 yds downwind. They froze, sniffed, looked and then moved on. Enough to make me a believer but still not going to haul a unit in the tree with me.

·
Banned
18,640 Posts
they will also destroy elastic and rubber in clothes when in small enclosed areas if left running for extended periods... I wont buy one ...

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
THey will. A short ozone bomb is all I do. 20 to 30 minutes then air it out well before anything living is back in the space.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So the ones for the house are actually purifying the air killing viruses and such , and the ones for hunting basically kill odors and scent I’m just curious has any of you guys just placed your clothes in a tote and sprinkle baking soda on your clothes layer by layer I do this and then in a week or two I shake em out then place dirt and leaves and such in the same tote and store it u til I go hunt had decent results and it doesn’t hurt clothing at all and baking soda kills odors fast

·
Registered
5,148 Posts
I've been using the bag for my clothes and will not hunt without charging my clothes in it ! It works that good , believe me I was a skeptic but not after using it ! It does what it's advertised to do ,some of the best money I've ever spent on a hunting product !

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
I have a commercial ozone generator that I use in a 10x10 room that I hang my hunting clothes in...I definitely notice a difference when hunting when I dont use it...It was broken last year so I didnt use it and I saw less deer than I had in years...fixed it this past fall and I saw deer every time I hunted and I saw a lot of bucks...Ive noticed that the deer do smell me or something but they dont spook..Its like they know something is there but cant quite figure out what it is.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts