Archery Talk Forum banner

Woody's Arrow Lube?

12389 Views 25 Replies 23 Participants Last post by  benzy
Does the Woody's arrow lube come in a larger bottle size?
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
969 Posts
Woody's is a great lube, but I recommend everyone boycott it until they change to plastic bottles. I slipped, slid and cut my hand when someone dropped a bottle and it smashed on the floor. I think it took several moppings and scrubbings to remove the slick feel.

· Archery Coach
23,395 Posts
Woody's is a great lube, but I recommend everyone boycott it until they change to plastic bottles. I slipped, slid and cut my hand when someone dropped a bottle and it smashed on the floor. I think it took several moppings and scrubbings to remove the slick feel.
when I ran a range I would hand someone a roll of duct tape when they bought that stuff and told them to tape the bottle up. I got tired of people dropping them. That is a rule in any range I run these days.

· Registered
1,287 Posts
when I ran a range I would hand someone a roll of duct tape when they bought that stuff and told them to tape the bottle up. I got tired of people dropping them. That is a rule in any range I run these days.
X2 I duct tape mine and the kids' containers I work with.

Someone told me about this product for equine mane and tail conditioning and it works very well as an arrow lube. It also comes in a plastic container.

http://www.cowboymagic.com/products-detangler-shine.html

· Registered
817 Posts
Sorry Mel to hijack your thread but I have a cute story about this stuff. Kiley was 10 yrs old and at her first tournament. She was shooting bowman at the State FITA in FL. Diana Watson had called her and another little girl over and put Woody's on their arrows and told them it was "Group Tightner". The kids believed her and sure enough their groups did get somewhat smaller. So that is what we call it now, "Group Tightner".:rolleyes:

· Registered
817 Posts
Scorpion arrow lube is way better, It lasts longer and is odorless. and comes in a plastic bottle, give it a try......I wont go back to Woody's
I was wondering if anyone liked this stuff. We bought some, hated it and gave it to a kid on the range one day and went and bought Woody's again. For us, it seemed that arrows were harder to pull then with Woody's. I think it is a personal preference.

· Catty Shack
12,561 Posts
I've seen people use Armor All on their arrows.
That's what I use - arrows pull easily from the target, and I can shine the dash on my truck as well .

· Registered
658 Posts
Scorpion arrow lube is way better, It lasts longer and is odorless. and comes in a plastic bottle, give it a try......I wont go back to Woody's
I agree. Putting it on at every distance would be more than you need. I usually run it up the shaft and inch and a half. Good stuff.

· NFAA
2,625 Posts
Sorry Mel to hijack your thread but I have a cute story about this stuff. Kiley was 10 yrs old and at her first tournament. She was shooting bowman at the State FITA in FL. Diana Watson had called her and another little girl over and put Woody's on their arrows and told them it was "Group Tightner". The kids believed her and sure enough their groups did get somewhat smaller. So that is what we call it now, "Group Tightner".:rolleyes:

Diane and I still call it that....you should see the looks we get!

· Registered
383 Posts
Does anyone know how I can get in touch with Woody's?
im a staff shooter for woodys... can i help..
also woodys arrow lube will probablly be in a plastic pen container in the spring of 2016

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.