Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I shot my second Robin Hood today......my first was 2 1/2 weeks ago. I was again shooting at 20 yards. I just started shooting in May of this year, but practice almost everyday. This is getting to be a typical grouping for me (less the RH), just a little low today.......there are 5 arrows in the pictures. The "scatter shots" are from my wife.....she just started this week- she clipped an arrow today.....I told her she is going to have to buy her own.....lol

If you look close you can see where the nock actually split and traveled up the back arrow about 3 or 4 inches.

I think I am going to have to buy cheaper arrows........and yes I look like a total slob in the picture.......:loco:

Picture 005.jpg

Picture 004.jpg

Picture 003.jpg

·
Registered
12,164 Posts
Good shooting Jim.

Ya know, if you take that paper off the target, there are more spots to shoot at. ;)

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually I put the paper up there for my wife...she says she gets confused where to shoot with all the spots. She just started to shoot this week, so I caved in with the paper target....lol.

·
Registered
8,172 Posts
Bluzman said:
Actually I put the paper up there for my wife...she says she gets confused where to shoot with all the spots. She just started to shoot this week, so I caved in with the paper target....lol.
Let her shoot first and then aim at her arrows. :wink:

·
Registered
991 Posts
You are a great shot. I sure could use some advice on shooting from you, I am just starting to learn archery. I am curious what type of bow and setup you have.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
JohnAnderson said:
You are a great shot. I sure could use some advice on shooting from you, I am just starting to learn archery. I am curious what type of bow and setup you have.
I use a Trykon...29DL...67DW...QAD Hunter Rest...PSE Top Gun F-18 sight...Scott Mongoose Release...Red Head Carbon Max 3000 arrows @ 353gr total weight....Blazer vanes. I also shoot a minimum of 50 arrows a day. Hope that helps.

I will say I am not new to shooting as I am a competitive Trapshooter and shoot many 1000's of rounds a yesr......I try to apply some of the same principles and then ask good archerers that I have met to help me improve my technique. Also, the people on this site have been great answering my questions and giving me advice.

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
JohnAnderson said:
Well, the secret to shooting is proper setup and proper practice. The majority of shooters are setup with too long of a draw and this usually results in inaccuracy and fustration. While the Trykon is a great bow, these are the key elements.

Nice shooting. I don't get mean Robin Hoods any more, but I don't group much either.

·
Registered
991 Posts
I couldn't agree more. The people on this website are very knowledgeable and I have learned much from reading their posts.

By the way, how did you get my quote in your posting? I only joined this website a few days ago and am trying to learn some of the procedures here.

·
Registered
34,166 Posts
Put some uni bushings or pins in the back of your arrows and you will not destroy them. You will not RH them at all if you go to pins.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Deezlin said:
Well, the secret to shooting is proper setup and proper practice. The majority of shooters are setup with too long of a draw and this usually results in inaccuracy and fustration. While the Trykon is a great bow, these are the key elements.

Thanks for the advice. Hopefully I will be able to tell whether or not I have the proper setup.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts