Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my new bow last night after spending 2 hours at the shop setting it up, adjusting and shooting it! Holy smokes!! I have never shot more consistently ever - and this was the first time shooting since last year! this bow is amazing!I could not be so happy. So initially the draw length was a long 26" and my arrows were too short. Well the bow shop guys finds out that Hoyt, who had said the cams were set at 26" had set one cam at 26" and the other cam at 28"! So he fixes that and now my draw length is right on andm y arrows now fit my bow!:wink: I do have one question. Because initially when I shot this bow and the draw length was long, decided to shoot of the string with my TruBall Cyclone (worked great) instead of using the ultra-nok XL. So the guy puts on a metal crimped nock and then a rubber eliminator button below it so I'm not pinching the arrow and such with my release. Shoots just fine. Now that my draw length is shorter and at the right length I'm wondering - should I put the ultra-nok back on and use that or stick to shooting off the string? What are the pros/cons? Am I going to wear out the string/serving more shooting off the string or is it better than using an aluminum ultra-nok XL? your thoughts would be appreciate! thanks! i'll post some photos today hopefully of my new set-up!. Oh yeah, and the Hoyt hat, key change, instruction booklet, sticker, cataloge, and hunting dvd were a nice surprise bonus:)

·
Registered
34,166 Posts
Tie on a regluar loop and trash that metal thing.

·
74,535 Posts
Totally agree

Get rid of the metal nock.

Regular D-loop works best.

Congradulations on your new bow. Which bow did you buy?

·
Registered
186 Posts
D-Loop. Why ad all that extra weight to the center of your string?

Just my.02

·
Primum Non Nocere
6,439 Posts
As the rest stated I would lose the ultra-nock and put on the d-loop...

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
Keep the Ultra nock on!!!:eek:

I sell bowstrings, I have to make a living!!!

I unfortunately, do not do eye surgery!!!

I would get that thing off of the string before night fell. It will tear up your sting. It may tear up your release and/or make in more prone to mis-fire. Any metal object on the string may come loose when shot and ricochet off the riser into your face or eye.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts