Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
838 Posts
This has been known for years and yet the peep is still being sold?

·
Banned
3,502 Posts
This has been known for years and yet the peep is still being sold?

Yes they are still sold... I have had 4 of them and shoot everyday and Not one problem with them!! So it leads me to believe that maybe there is something else. I am not saying that some are not having problems with them,, I am just saying that I have never had a problem nor my friends that shoot them.. (confused) Kind of like certain broadheads that DON"T open.... How do they know??

·
Registered
5,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
003.jpg I've got a meta peep in there now because I had to change peep size due to larger sight. But that is what was left after the Red Eye peep. Never have had this happen before. Bow is a 2011 also so it's not an age issue.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
this thread keeps coming up like a broken record
I wish I would have read the others. That's what I get for trying new things. Meta peep only from now on for me. Just trying to save another guy some expense for new string. Looks like this Red Eye is going to cost me about $50 bucks.

·
Registered
14,338 Posts
They work fine for me...never a problem, most cut strings are install error...quit serving them in super tight and you will quit breaking strings...I have installed them on dozens of bows, never a cut strand...but I don't serve them in super tight, added pressure on any peep can ended up wiping out your string....I have seen the beloved G5 break many strings...served too tight.

·
Widewater Hunt Club
9,387 Posts
I've never had the pleasure of having one on my strings, but I thought the Red Eye Peeps were redesigned a while back? I thought it had something to do with the string track groove being too squared off so they redesigned it to have a groove that was more rounded or less sharp?

·
Registered
14,338 Posts
They were and the new grooves are deep and smooth...there is nothing wrong with them.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Read the rules;

10. What may not be in a post is as follows: Material that is threatening, harrassing, or abusive to any party. Content that is defamatory, hateful, potentially slanderous, or in violation of any law is not tolerated. Knowingly posting false or misleading material will result in moderator action.

They fixed the problem...now the problem lies with the shops selling and people buying the "old" peep and not knowing the difference.

Crakers himself stated he has tried to cut a string with the "new" peep from red eye and could not do it.....intintionally (sp?) on purpose....

Here is my "new" RedEye peep with several hundred shots on it....as all can see NO cut strings.

If you install "ANY" peep without checking for burrs or sharp edges.....Poo can happen, and that's on YOU.

STOP slamming a company who has already addressed thier problem and changed thier process because of operator ignorance..

Archers helping Archers......

·
Registered
14,338 Posts
Read the rules;

10. What may not be in a post is as follows: Material that is threatening, harrassing, or abusive to any party. Content that is defamatory, hateful, potentially slanderous, or in violation of any law is not tolerated. Knowingly posting false or misleading material will result in moderator action.

They fixed the problem...now the problem lies with the shops selling and people buying the "old" peep and not knowing the difference.

Crakers himself stated he has tried to cut a string with the "new" peep from red eye and could not do it.....intintionally (sp?) on purpose....

Here is my "new" RedEye peep with several hundred shots on it....as all can see NO cut strings.

If you install "ANY" peep without checking for burrs or sharp edges.....Poo can happen, and that's on YOU.

STOP slamming a company who has already addressed thier problem and changed thier process because of operator ignorance..

Archers helping Archers......
This is what I am talking about...nice install, your serving is not slammed tight to the peep...people thing they have to be welded in there, the peep will not move if it is served loose...unless you move it.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts