Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
its hard to hunt when you work 6 days a week how many of you guys work 6 days and try to hunt on your day off...

·
Registered
446 Posts
i hear you!!! i work 6 days a week and on call every second weekend, so right now i get 2 sundays a month!
I look forward until late oct,early nov, for my holidays!

·
shhhh.. slow down
9,409 Posts
I work 5 days a week so not as bad. This year I did switch to 2nd shift to be able to hit some morning hunts closer to home, mostly public land stuff but some small private stuff too.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
I was working 6 days a week and 75-80 hours man it killed i was always too sleepy when i went hunting soni went to the boss and asked if i could get less hours so i could hunt and he said no, well when november rolled around i walked on his office handed him all of my stuff and quit lol probably not the beat idea but hey i killed a 167 ohio monster

·
Registered
366 Posts
Brother I work non-stop. When I do get time off, I spend it with my family. My hunting days are few and far between. Gotta make the most of what you got.

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
If I had the chance to work 6 days a week and it was paying time and a half on the 6th day it is likely I wouldn't worry about hunting my home stand and just save my 6th day pay each year and take a weeks vacation and book a hunt or take the whole week and just hunt by home and be done with. If you don't have vacation and only had 1 day off a week for a long stretch hunting would be the last thing on my mind. It depends a lot on your schedule also. IF you are working 8 hour days 6-2:30 or something you could hunt every evening you wanted.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Yep. They even ask for volunteers to work 6 hours on Sunday. Totally messed up my season last year. This season I am working the bare minimum and might burn some leave time. I have been working 60+ hours a week for two years. Tired of not having a life.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
I worked from 5pm- whenever i got off work and overtime was over 8 hrs it was great money bout 1200 a week bring home but i have different priorities i guess hunting and fishing is my life as of right now i am.unemployed and my wife tells everybody that theres no since in me getting a job right now because id probably quit

1 - 9 of 9 Posts