Archery Talk Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
I’ve been researching and trying to decide on the same thing. I had narrowed it down to a few options, so I made a trip last weekend to Harbor Freight, Lowe’s, and Home Depot to check them out in person. I ended up going a different route than I was planning.

I saw these adjustable work tables at Home Depot and I really liked the idea of being able to raise and lower it. I am vertically challenged, so I was worried that the ones I was looking at plus the added height after mounting a press on top would make it too high for me personally. You can also just use a 12v drill to raise/lower it instead of the crank which is what I’m going to do since I am also using a drill with an adapter for my ez green.

They come in a few different sizes, and you can get them with or without drawers. You could also always put another cabinet underneath it if you wanted additional storage. It also comes with casters but up to you if you want to use them depending on if you need to move it around.

I wanted a different size than they had in the store, so I had to have it shipped to store. It was delivered Friday, but they apparently still haven’t unloaded it off the truck so I’m still waiting on the email to go pick it up. My only concern with it is how stable it will be with the weight of a press on the edge of it. If it’s too wobbly, I may try to find a way to reinforce it by putting another brace across the legs.

These are what I’ve been using for the last couple of years and they have been great. I have my press on the 62” one without drawers, and then I have a smaller 46” one with drawers where I have my vise installed. They’re very sturdy and the adjustable height has come in handy a few times.

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
I built mine and I have space, so it’s 12’ long and 4’ wide. My press, vise, draw board, and fletching jig is on it with room to lay my bow on it too.

·
Registered
12,125 Posts
Google a DIY a work bench , there’s one that I saved that only uses 1 piece of plywood and 15 8’ 2x4’s……… not sure if lumber is still sky high, if so, harbor freight has one similar for 109 dollars

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
I built one from 2x4’s and plywood. Cheap and simple. Definitely recommend going bigger then you think you need. Fills up fast. Especially when you mount a press and other tools to it.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts