Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Genesis 21:20
21,760 Posts
Thanks for the link. That's some fantastic coverage. We've come a long way in the past 6 years. Congratulations to all those who competed, and to those who fought their way into a medal match.

John

·
Registered
5,525 Posts
I paid to see it live stream form YOE TV and it never showed a thing today. Wonder what i paid for?

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The event that was broadcast on Thursday night was not the Vegas shoot. It was the Fita Indoor Worlds at Las Vegas, and it was free.
The NFAA (WAF), what ever you want to call it, does not have their crap together enough to offer high quality broadcasting like that. By the way, the way I understand, the only live broadcasting of the actual Vegas (3 day) event will be on Sunday for the Finals only. Fridays and Saturdays broadcasts are just taped footage.

·
21,760 Posts
The NFAA and WAF are quite different organizations.

Just sayin' ;)

From my experience, the NFAA usually has their "crap" well together.

John

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I made a mistake, the broadcast on Saturday evening is the World Cup Challenge. This is not the actual Vegas Tournament, that people think they are paying to watch.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I may have been a little harsh in stating that the NFF does not have their "crap" together. But when it comes to the NFAA broadcasting their events, I have yet to see anything done live or even in a taped format.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Thanks for the link...great coverage and camera work.

Notice Brady isn't shooting the pink riser.

Art

·
21,760 Posts
Art, I suspect it was a 2312 Cobalt. FITA (WAF) rules have a 9.3mm limit, which prohibits arrows larger than 2314 (or is it 2315?). Were he shooting the NFAA Vegas event as he did (and won) last year, he could shoot any size he wanted.

John

·
Registered
581 Posts
I was surprised at the number of shooters using X10s/ACEs...

·
21,760 Posts
Me too Matt. It's not unusual for Europeans to do that, but I'm pretty sure that's what Brady was using, and that surprised me.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts