Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
196 Posts
I am curious as well, so I did a (very) little bit of prodding and poking about on the internet. Best I can figure is you have to be on a team . . . for me it would be team USA. I imagine you need to participate in some qualifying events, starting with your local FITA shoots, and moving up to Regional, State and National competitions. Once you are at the state and national level, I am supposing you can either request an invitation to join the team, or request a tryout, or perhaps it works more like basketball . . . they scout you and pick you if you are the best. I figure the very best way to get there is to shoot everything, post AWESOME scores, and get noticed. I really think the State and National FITA shoots are where you want to be . . .

Here in Utah, it seems that all things FITA go through the Pro Shop Salt Lake Archery. They have a (slightly) outdated website, but per chance could give better info over the phone. Out of state, I would try contacting the larger pro shops and see if any of them know what's going on :) The Utah shop is www.saltlakearchery.com, hope that helps!

· Registered
817 Posts
tell me about the world cup in Weber 2011
how do you qualify to shoot in a shoot like this?
what is the minimum age to shoot in a shoot like this?
You have to be in the top 4 on the Rolling Rankings by the cut off date for that event. I do not know the cut off date for that event but it should be some time around end of May is my guess.

· Registered
121 Posts
The USA team that goes to the World Cup is determined by rolling rankings. Rolling rankings are determined by participation in specific events - listed on the USA Archery website. You have to be on a National team (or registered through your National Governing Body - USA Archery). There are four people allowed in each category - men's recurve, women's recurve, men's compound, and women's compound. Currently the recurves shoot at 70 meters; the compounds will be doing the new 50 meter round. It's extremely competitive - it's a big money tournament.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.