Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to the Outdoor Life Network channel guide, 30 minutes of the World Outdoor Championships will be re-broadcast at 5:30 EDT on August 10th.

·
Registered
3,499 Posts
cool.thanks for the tip. 30 min. is better than seeing none. ;)

·
Registered
526 Posts
Gah!!

Okay, so the description at the bottom of the screen says, "Archery: Outdoor World Championships 2:30-3:00 PDT" however, instead, they are showing some special about the America's Cup!!!

Grrrrrrrrrrr.

Did anyone else experience this?

not feeling so peaceful,
Hollywood
:cool:

·
Registered
192 Posts
Well i was just going to ask someone to please record it... i guess that doesn't matter now and to think i almost added oln to my programming yesterday just to see this... phew.... :tongue:

·
Registered
701 Posts
Those who have a well known P2P software can search for "madrid 2005 archery" : 2 DIVXs about the individual gold ORs are available in Spanish :)

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don't watch much television, but I do capture certain programs of interest on my PC which is hooked up to my digital cable service (kind of like a TiVo system) for viewing at my convenience, using "archery" as a keyword to automatically pick up the program (oddly enough I saw myself on a History Channel show the other day that way).

I can tell you that when it comes to OLN, I have recorded what was supposed to be "Shooting USA" only to find a fishing show in the allocated time slot about half of the time...

Sorry for what turned out to be a bad tip.

It's especially irritating that the Chyron on the screen DID say the program was the WAC, even though it obviously wasn't...

·
Registered
526 Posts
lol. Okay, am I the only one who had to look up the definition of "Chyron"? Yeah, so I just call it "the program description at the bottom of my screen!" :tongue:

George, you kill me with your knowledge. And I love you because of that.

-peace,
Hollywood
:cool:

·
Registered
956 Posts
>--gt--> said:
(kind of like a TiVo system)
George, I had no idea you were so ludditudinous! You really need to get a TiVo, and hack the fool out of it, to insure your Dilbertine dominance! Way cool and fun, and totally controllable from your home net (and any PC worldwide) for dvd burning and downloading to laptop. :)
Hacking the TiVo

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Arc, Arc, Arc, my friend, what will a TiVo do for me that I can't do with my liquid-cooled Pentium D 830 Media Center PC with a 1.6 TB RAID array, 2 GB RAM, VPN, 8 Mbps net access, and a wireless LAN which lets me watch the stream anywhere in a 300 meter radius on my laptops or tablet?

Please, enlighten this Luddite, for I see not the need for TiVotude... :)

H-wood, sorry about that ! Too many years in front of a TelePrompTer, I guess :(

·
Registered
956 Posts
>--gt--> said:
Arc, Arc, Arc, my friend, what will a TiVo do for me that I can't do with my liquid-cooled Pentium D 830 Media Center PC with a 1.6 TB RAID array, 2 GB RAM, VPN, 8 Mbps net access, and a wireless LAN which lets me watch the stream anywhere in a 300 meter radius on my laptops or tablet?
Please, enlighten this Luddite, for I see not the need for TiVotude... :)H-wood, sorry about that ! Too many years in front of a TelePrompTer, I guess :(
AHHHH, that's better!!! <GDRLH>

1 - 20 of 24 Posts