Archery Talk Forum banner

WORLD RECORD 3 arrows in 1.2 seconds with [email protected]

1392 Views 20 Replies 12 Participants Last post by  thirdhandman
[email protected]
timed from release to release
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
23,047 Posts
That's a waste of 1.2 sec. that will never get back!

• Haha
Reactions: 356Brutus

· Vendor
28,417 Posts
[email protected]
timed from release to release
That is quick but doesn't appear to have any accuracy and certainly not the world record.
Lars Andersen is the world's fastest archer. He can fire three arrows in 0.6 seconds, catch arrows out of the air and fire them back and even split an oncoming arrow down the middle with his own shaft! That makes him faster than fictional archer Legolas and more accurate than Robin Hood.

· Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
That is quick but doesn't appear to have any accuracy and certainly not the world record.
Lars Andersen is the world's fastest archer. He can fire three arrows in 0.6 seconds, catch arrows out of the air and fire them back and even split an oncoming arrow down the middle with his own shaft! That makes him faster than fictional archer Legolas and more accurate than Robin Hood.
his 3 arrows in 0.6 seconds is at an unknown draw weight @ draw length parameter
this record specifies [email protected] as a parameter
draw weight makes a huge difference on how fast you can shoot
for example here is me with an almost 100lb bow
3 arrows in 4 seconds

· Registered
492 Posts
his 3 arrows in 0.6 seconds is at an unknown draw weight @ draw length parameter
3 arrows in 4 seconds
When looking at your video in software that allows for frame by frame analysis some questions come up. Do another video with you drawing the arrow all the way back as you do when displaying draw weight. As you well know a longbow stack's weight at very near draw length. So that 5/6 inches of shaft not drawn is 40% of peak draw weight. Or mark arrow at your draw length and show on scale at that point. Can you post a pic of the Certificate of Record to go along with your claim. Would be interesting to see.

Reactions: thirdhandman

· Vendor
28,417 Posts
3 arrows in 4 seconds
Google world speed record for archery and Lars Anderson comes up first ith 10 arrows in 4.6 seconds and 3 arrow in .6 seconds. They also show him hitting his moving target.
Btw: you are a beast. I’ve seen your videos

· Registered
218 Posts
And who did Lars copy??? :)
Most of the horse archery cultures would've been masters at rapid shooting. Read the book - Saracen Archery for some very interesting stuff. Nothing new under the sun....
And to the fella shooting - Well done :)

· Vendor
28,417 Posts
And who did Lars copy??? :)
Most of the horse archery cultures would've been masters at rapid shooting. Read the book - Saracen Archery for some very interesting stuff. Nothing new under the sun....
And to the fella shooting - Well done :)
Oh so true. Just like all the other archers they learn from others. The difference with Lars is what he is doing hasn’t been done for hundreds of years. He’s doing it as good if not better than anybody I’ve ever heard of.👍🏻

1 - 20 of 21 Posts