Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, this is probably going to open a can of worms, but I am going to purchase a set of strings and cables in the next couple of months. What are your favorite materials for and makers of strings. I am leaning towards winners choice, but are they any better than some of the smaller buisnesses building them, from what I have found there isn't a big difference in price from all the companies that I have researched but I want to get the best string that I am paying for also. Thanks for the suggestions.

·
Banned
35,283 Posts
Lot better than Winners Choice check out Center Punch strings on here. I was just checking out some of his threads and wow makes a great set. Talked to him on the phone what a nice guy I'll be buying my threads from him. Have tried 60x nice sets and Strict 9 and a few others on here I have not tried make great strings better than Winners Choice.

·
Registered
509 Posts
I just got a set from tony219er/bow up strings. They measured out really well. And are some really good looking strings. I haven't been able to put to many shot through them to test how they wear. But I believe they'll be a great set. And if you have a few extra bucks to send him your bow. He does some extremely good tuning. But with all the materials today there are a ton of good string builders out there. Just got to try them out. Winners choice is also a good string. But they also ride off of having a big name as well. You wouldn't be wrong to go that way as well.

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
60x

·
Registered
6,963 Posts
Lots of great independent string makers on here. The big companies are cranking out a crazy amount of strings and building them as fast as humanly possible in record time. Very little to NO TLC or detail work like you get with the independent builders.

·
GUT DEER ????
4,595 Posts
Im tring some lightning bow strings now , still shooting them in.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
We can have a set out to you pretty much the same day...just because they're fast, doesn't mean there's not care taken into building them. We guarantee everything!

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
Had two sets of BCY X strings made for my Energy 32 and 35 by Jeremy at Archeryshack. They arrived in about 10 days, look great and are very nicely done.

·
Registered
644 Posts
12 bows and Six years of flawless service with VaporTrail

·
Registered
10,824 Posts
Like Ray Knight said you're more likely to get a little extra TLC with the smaller builders over the big companies. I'm not saying that WC, ABB, etc don't build a quality product, they just don't have the time to triple check and be anal retentive because they bud soooo many sets.

That said I'd recommend any of these guys:

Strict 9
Breathn
Ray Knight
Ex-wolverine
And many more....

·
Registered
40 Posts
Archeryshack Custom Strings
Winner's Choice - Pricey but they are top quality.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Like others have said there are many great string builders out there and it is hard to make a bad choice with any of them.
I personally have chosen to use Barn Burner Custom Strings for the past two years now and could not be happier with my choice.
Set em & Forget em!!!
Haven't had any problems out of my current set I got back in March and they have over 30,000 shots through them!!!
When I ordered mine on Saturday they were in my mailbox that Wednesday!!! Matt and Mike are great guys to deal with and will go the extra mile to make sure everything is perfect before and after the sale.

·
World & National Champion
33,999 Posts
Tons of great string makers right here on archerytalk. I could make a list a mile long but I know I would forget someone.

·
Registered
5,928 Posts
As stated above , there are many excellent string makers on here and you won't go wrong with any of them. I personally like 60X strings because they are well built and the CS is excellent.Any of them IMO would be better then Winners Choice and at a better price.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
you can get better strings at a MUCH better price from about 50 different companies here on AT.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts