Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
5,598 Posts
I would and have. Maybe not a LW style unless I planned on replacing the belts.
I would also give a once over before using.

·
Registered
434 Posts
If it checks out, sure...why not. I bought my open shot off craigslist. Being a hand climber, it’s not for everybody. People buy stands, decide they don’t like them, put em in the storage shed then realize they are for sure not going to use it again because they found what works for them then want to make some cash to fund another want. Come to think of it....I need to do this too!

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
I would buy used, but think it would have to be a little better deal than 3/4 the price of new.
That is just me tho, if I am going to spend almost what a new one costs I may as well buy new.
Wait for a post season sale and you may be able to get new for the price the guy is asking

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
At 3/4 the original price if it was in great shape? Yes? or NO? and Why?
For 3/4 the price my answer would be no. You can typically find brand new climbers for 20% off during different sales. It would need to be 30+% or greater for me to consider it. Does it have steel type straps or does it have rubber/plastic (like loan wolf). If rubber/plastic, they may need replacing in a couple years (I heard somewhere 5 years is when you want to replace them). If they are steel then you are fine in that regard.

·
Mark
5,445 Posts
Excellent shape, yes.

I bought lightly used Summit Goliath off Craigslist for $150, that’s half price and looked almost new. Now is a good time to search for used as Season is over for most and a Christmas is close, people need cash

·
Registered
77 Posts
I just bought a used summit viper from a guy. Give it a good check over and try it out before you take it in the woods with a bow. Make sure the cables are in good shape, new ones are cheap if they need replacing.

·
The Impartial Archer
18,310 Posts
I would and have. Maybe not a LW style unless I planned on replacing the belts.
I would also give a once over before using.
Bands are cheap......if you can get an awesome $400 stand for $100 and you have to put another $39 in (assuming the bands aren't dated and/or still good) you still have a total of $139 for a $400 stand. Too me that's a GREAT deal.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
missed the price part, I'd probably want a little more than 25% off, age is irrelevant to me as long as it's been cared for.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Agreed with the others... if it is still 75% of the original price I would probably just end up buying new. That said, any stand you buy used at all should get a very detailed look over and maybe even once more for good measure. Good luck!

·
Registered
20,211 Posts
If I can check it out and make sure there's nothing wrong with it, I'd try and pick it up for a more like half to 2/3 the price instead of 3/4 the price. If they won't budge, you may as well buy new and get the warranty and all that.

·
Registered
5,892 Posts
Not more than 50% price if it's used.

AND, if I get there and that guy is a big Jiggly dude and out-weighs me by 100 pounds, I'm leaving fast. :darkbeer:

·
Registered
606 Posts
Seems steep...Maybe half...
Anyone tried putting a LW seat on a summit?

Which seat is more comfortable? I need to replace one on a viper.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 40 Posts