Votes: 188 86.6%
  • No I would buy another brand that has a dealer near me

Votes: 29 13.4%
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was in the market for a brand of bow recently but the only dealer of that brand is around 100 miles from my home each way.The company only sells through their dealers so would you drive that far and in my case being a lefty probably have to order it then drive back again to get it?

Or would you just buy brand "B" or "C" that have dealers within 20 or so miles?

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Drive, get what you want the first time. You should be happy with what you want and not setteling fro brand B or brand C whan you want brand A.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
i wouldnt settle for something i didnt like because it was close to me

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
No way would I drive 200 miles, round trip for a bow with gas prices like they are. Use some math here.....the average vehicle gets about 22 mpg. Thats 9.1 gallons at $3.20/gal. That's $29.12 worth of gas. You can call the dealer and he will ship the bow to you for $12 to $15 via UPS ground or other ground service. That way, you save money, and still get the bow you want. :wink:

Todd

·
Registered
5,562 Posts
Every new bow I buy is a 200 mile round trip.

Fewer dealers in the UK so more driving.

·
Registered
14,295 Posts
negative!

I'd ask a bunch of archery dopes about the bow and if I had a warm fuzzy feeling, I would buy site unseen. If its a bow that you have very little info and input on, maybe just buy something close that you can try.

Like right now, I've never seen an Elite GTO, but I would buy one right now, sight unseen, $400.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Absolutely. I do it once or twice a year just to get fishing gear at Bass Pro. I searched out a dealer in Mo to get my bow just because I didn't like the guys at the shop in AR. I'm fortunate though the shop in Mo is actually closer than the one in AR.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
How about 200?

Yes, I have driven 200 miles one way from my home to get the exact bow with the exact set up I wanted from Cracker's shop.His personal service is top notch and if there is a problem it is me not the equipment.I will be doing it again shortly when my GTO comes in.

·
Registered
4,181 Posts
Been there, done that

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Drive 100 miles 1 way for a bow

To buy the bow, yes.
If I have to go back for warranty work it will get old quick.

15 MPG HWY Dodge Ram Quad cab 100/ 15 = 6.6 x $3.19 = $21.00 x 2 = $42.00 round trip for gas.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Ya, to me a bow is a pretty important purchase, I have about $1400 in my current setup. Whats another 50 bucks worth of gas to get what you want instead of settling for something closer. I would regret not spending the extra money to drive up there and get exactly what I want.

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
To buy the bow, yes.
If I have to go back for warranty work it will get old quick.

15 MPG HWY Dodge Ram Quad cab 100/ 15 = 6.6 x $3.19 = $21.00 x 2 = $42.00 round trip for gas.
That is also a good point about warranty work or if you did not have a press or knowledge enough to do your own work like string changes etc..

Also what about time considerations? 3 to 4 hours driving time each trip.

And try feeding a diesel 3/4 ton truck @$3.89 a gal.Not really sure if I would or not .

1 - 20 of 61 Posts