Archery Talk Forum banner

Would you drive 1428 miles to get the bow that you want?

2726 Views 77 Replies 63 Participants Last post by  branderson
I did, I drove 1428 miles roundtrip to Terminal Velocity in Chillicothe, Ohio to pick mine up. I wanted a Testarossa Sentinel but didn't want to wait til May to get it. Thanks to dsp3472, Scott, for letting me know he had two on the shelf. I called them and Michael was willing to hold them for me so that I could pick between them, one with red cams and one with black. I picked up the one with red cams and a limb driver. Got to meet some good folks and got the bow I wanted. I have an Axcel AX3000 I am gonna put on it, I still have to pick up a scope and stab and figure out which arrows to shoot. Can't wait till I get it finished and take it to range.

Specs: 29 / 60 / 300 = 324 :eek:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

· Registered
1,586 Posts
that thing is going to shoot even sweeter than it looks. way to go!

· Registered
36,987 Posts
Dude , you need to get checked in and get some help . you are an addict ...

Holy Crap 1428 miles :eek:

· Registered
4,159 Posts
Dude , you need to get checked in and get some help . you are an addict ...

Holy Crap 1428 miles :eek:
Hes and addict all right but the other guy who drove 1200 just to shoot a bow!!!! wow!! he didnt even get to take hs bow home with him just shoot it and order it! atleast this guy got tot ake the bow hee wanted home with him. that bow is swet looking and i hope she shoots good! glad you got whatcha wanted!

· Registered
12,459 Posts
I did, I drove 1428 miles roundtrip to Terminal Velocity in Chillicothe, Ohio to pick mine up. I wanted a Testarossa Sentinel but didn't want to wait til May to get it. Thanks to dsp3472, Scott, for letting me know he had two on the shelf. I called them and Michael was willing to hold them for me so that I could pick between them, one with red cams and one with black. I picked up the one with red cams and a limb driver. Got to meet some good folks and got the bow I wanted. I have an Axcel AX3000 I am gonna put on it, I still have to pick up a scope and stab and figure out which arrows to shoot. Can't wait till I get it finished and take it to range.

Specs: 29 / 60 / 300 = 324 :eek:

I know how you feel,I drove 1200 miles roundtrip to shoot and order my Alien.
Sorry guys....you are nuts! :eek:Hey *******, why not just get a local AT'er to go pick it up for you and ship it to you? :dontknow:

· A.K.A. Big JW
2,745 Posts
No way would I drive that far for a bow. I'm sure I could find another way to get the bow I want without the drive. However, there are some pretty good guys that hang out at Terminal Velocity. Several of them come down to Jackson to shoot every weekend and several are members at our club.

· Registered
25,353 Posts
if i didnt have to pay for gas yes.

· Registered
189 Posts
I wouldn't drive that far, but if I really wanted it really bad, the UPS man would for me. :thumbs_up:

1 - 20 of 78 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.