Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· My Elk Hunting Home
32,447 Posts
I might go hunting with that if I had to, but I still wouldn't be confident in what I was doing. At 40 yards I only use the smaller bullseyes on my 18-1. If they aren't in the green at least, I need more shooting.

· Registered
36,987 Posts
yea , but would not take a 40 yard shot on a live deer ..

· Registered
65 Posts
18-1 Target

I might go hunting with that if I had to, but I still wouldn't be confident in what I was doing. At 40 yards I only use the smaller bullseyes on my 18-1. If they aren't in the green at least, I need more shooting.
The large green target on the 18-1 is a 5 1/2" circle (I just measured it to be sure). I would hunt with that group in a heartbeat. The average kill zone on a live whitetail is a 9" circle and you're well within that. I would agree that my ego suffers too when I spread arrows out like that, but like the guy said he was in full hunting garb and at 40 yards it's still respectable.

· Registered
2,675 Posts
If I had a group like that at 40 and that was the only shot I had I would shoot!

· Registered
65 Posts
I've noticed lately that there are a lot of professional archers on this site. Everyone who posts here shoots 2" groups at 40 yards.

I don't want to call anyone a liar because there are certainly those who can, but most of you are kidding yourselves.

· Registered
4,097 Posts
Well if I shot a group like that I would smash my bow, break all my arrows, burn my house down, buy a bowling ball and move to France.

Jeeze! some people I tell ya......

· Registered
10,406 Posts
I've seen worse...and concidering the bottom 3 look good,sure..why not.

· Registered
10,406 Posts
If you go back and look at his 20yd group,and concider this one is 20yds farther....this one looks better.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.