Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my new limbs back from Hoyt about a week ago. It seems that my center shot after tunning is a smug past 5/8''. Is this normal?

My other limbs had a center shot of 11/16''. I have check the spec. on the bow. Ata is 31 3/8'' brace is 7''. There sees to be a slight lean in the top cam (bow in hand, looking at the top cam, it is leaning towards the rest.) I'm still shooting the same arrows and it will tune, I am just wondering if this is normal. Any of you that got new limbs had such a significant change? Thanks for your respose.

·
Back Yard Champion
27,731 Posts
I'm wondering why you're concerned over maybe a few thousands inch difference. Smug past 5/8" and 11/66 is what? 11/16 minus 10/16 = 1/16 or .0625" minus whatever smug is.

If your bow is shooting good, shoot the thing.

·
Registered
867 Posts
I wouldn't worry about the center shot, but I would try to get the cam lean out of it. If you have a floating yoke you will have to order a new set of strings with a split yoke to adjust cam lean.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm wondering why you're concerned over maybe a few thousands inch difference. Smug past 5/8" and 11/66 is what? 11/16 minus 10/16 = 1/16 or .0625" minus whatever smug is.

If your bow is shooting good, shoot the thing.
Thanks for your help. To me a 1/4'' is signifacant. I'm asking if anyone that has replaced their limbs had that much change in their center shot thats all.

I guess when your talking thousands of an inch, that is minimal. A 1/4'' seems alot more.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
The difference in 11/16 and 5/8 is 1/16 not a 1/4. If the bow is shooting good, I wouldn't worry about it. You may want to work at getting the lean out of the cam, just depends on how much there is.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I wouldn't worry about the center shot, but I would try to get the cam lean out of it. If you have a floating yoke you will have to order a new set of strings with a split yoke to adjust cam lean.
I don't know about a new set of strings. I would just serve in the yoke. Done it to a buds and worked like a dream...

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The difference in 11/16 and 5/8 is 1/16 not a 1/4. If the bow is shooting good, I wouldn't worry about it. You may want to work at getting the lean out of the cam, just depends on how much there is.
Darn your right, I ment to say all along that the previous center shot was 13/16'' not 11/16''. I'm home today with kids. Can you say DISTRACTION!!

I am going to try a static yoke to get the lean out.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
I know what you mean, I've got a 4 year old. 13/16 to 5/8 is a little bit more of a difference. A static yoke would more than likely let you get rid of the lean.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts