Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a quick question for all of you. Im thinking of starting a radio show via the web that is nothing but archery talk. Whether it be target archery or some sort of bowhunting. Would you guys and gals listen? If so, the show would be able to have listeners call in and talk archery. Also try and get a pro to call in every now and again ya know.

Whatcha think?

·
Registered
850 Posts
It sounds like a really good idea!

·
Registered
212 Posts
:thumbs_up

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
:thumbs_up
x2 but sadly I don't think it will be on the air very long. I'm not sure how the radio works in your neck of the woods but capitalism here is nuts. I listen to country mostly but rock from time to time. We (Atlanta) had 1 great rock station (Project 9-6-1) and the shut it down for another "Pop" station to take over. I think we have something close to 5 or 6 different Pop stations already. The Project had a ton of listeners too. Sad to see it go. But if you do go for it, good luck and I'd definitely
listen!

·
Registered
4,859 Posts
x2 but sadly I don't think it will be on the air very long. I'm not sure how the radio works in your neck of the woods but capitalism here is nuts. I listen to country mostly but rock from time to time. We (Atlanta) had 1 great rock station (Project 9-6-1) and the shut it down for another "Pop" station to take over. I think we have something close to 5 or 6 different Pop stations already. The Project had a ton of listeners too. Sad to see it go. But if you do go for it, good luck and I'd definitely
listen!
I think he means web based internet radio if so I would say good idea..........:thumbs_up

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
listen!
I know, i used to listen to 96.1 some, but now mainly 95.5 and 104.7. :)

It would be web based only.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Sounds good to me

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
I would definitely listen. My wish list would include call in, IM in and Skype-in for listeners to call in for comments and questions. Also a daily blog that could show pictures or videos pertaining to the day's topics.

·
Registered
5,021 Posts
I'll be the one person who will take a pass on this one. But it is a good idea, and I believe you will have a lot of interested listeners

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I would definitely listen. My wish list would include call in, IM in and Skype-in for listeners to call in for comments and questions. Also a daily blog that could show pictures or videos pertaining to the day's topics.
I just set up a skype account. I will definitely be running a chat box for the first episode. I am also planning a test run for either Friday evening or Saturday evening. If any of you are interested. I either have to use my land line phone or skype. If i use skype ive gotta go buy a microphone (which I prefer to do any ways).

norsemen, its ok buddy. I know everyone will not be interested and thats ok too. I will be a newb on the mic at first, but hey, we all gotta start somewhere rite. lol

Thanks for the support guys. This is going to be fun I think. Ive got Church softball practice tomorrow and Church on Wednesday, but I will be working this week on the first shows Topics. :)

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
I used to love listening to the Bowcast podcasts but they really started to go downhill fast when FMP got rolling (got way too commercial and episodes got less and less frequent). One thing that was great about it was that I could download them on my ipod and listen to them whenever I wanted.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Im going to try and make it so they can be downloaded and listened to on later dates. Been working on the first 4 show outlines. If you guys and gals have any input please feel free to let me know. I am going to try and keep the commercials to a minimum but those that do air will be archery related only. Once we can build an audience I will try and get a pro or two to call in every now and then. Ive got a few guys and gals in mind that I have worked with in the past. It will be a work in progress the first few weeks ya know.

:)

·
<--- Finally!!
2,560 Posts
I agree with the podcast setup, also. I like my XM to listen to what I want, when I want. I would not want to sign in at a specific time to hear the radio show. I would download the podcast though. Keep us posted.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts