Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
32,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would love to have one to try out, heard some good reports on several of them but the price is inhibitive for me......if you quit buying them the price will come down and I could afford one.......NO WAY...I'm gonna sell my Quigley 45-70 or my Ford PU to buy a Mathews bow.....Anyway I can convince you folks to slack off on buying them and let the price drop down to where I can afford one? Come on!:wink:

·
32,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Come on Skeeter...you can do better than that. I want a deep rooted evaluation of my statement.....You don't think I insulted any of those folks do ya? No way I wanted to do that!

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
I agree they are pricey because I've owned 2 previously and know own 2. I bought 2 of them used. They are good bows though, never had problems with any of them. IMHO I think archery equipment prices are getting out of hand also. And the resale value is crap. But as long as their selling it someone will buy it. Supply and demand.

·
Anti Fanboy
42,669 Posts
Come on Skeeter...you can do better than that. I want a deep rooted evaluation of my statement.....You don't think I insulted any of those folks do ya? No way I wanted to do that!
Now way, Remmy. I ain't saying a word on this one. :)

·
32,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They arent anymore then the athens and elites you have owned..
Well, kinda keep this under wraps but I haven't bought a new bow since the last Elite (PURE) I bought years ago.....the Athens bow is a 11 model I bought used and was very affordable at the time....the new Elite bow was $780 and I was of the opinion that all Mathews were around $1000 except maybe the Genisis!

·
Registered
15,106 Posts
When you can't get approved for a mortgage, there's always the rent option.:wink:

·
Registered
23,335 Posts
What about the $1100 Full Throttle and the $1400 Carbon Spyder? Mathews is no more expensive than the other companies.

·
Registered
8,258 Posts
What about the $1100 Full Throttle and the $1400 Carbon Spyder? Mathews is no more expensive than the other companies.
Exactly what I was going to say. Why would the OP single out Mathews?

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I would love to have one to try out, heard some good reports on several of them but the price is inhibitive for me......if you quit buying them the price will come down and I could afford one.......NO WAY...I'm gonna sell my Quigley 45-70 or my Ford PU to buy a Mathews bow.....Anyway I can convince you folks to slack off on buying them and let the price drop down to where I can afford one? Come on!:wink:
Must be a big POS pickup. I could sell my ford pickup and buy about 10 new Mathew's bows.....

Maybe just work some overtime for a couple months and see how that works out for ya ;)

Either way, I won't be buying any new Mathew's bows for a good long time. You're welcome.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Exactly what I was going to say. Why would the OP single out Mathews?
Because they make the bow/bows he would like to shoot?

·
Registered
182 Posts
They've been making the exact same bow for the last five years, just different stickers. Buy a used one and save a ton!
:set1_applaud:

·
Registered
8,258 Posts
Because they make the bow/bows he would like to shoot?
Oh so Mathews should drop their prices but everyone else can stay up there. Thats awesome.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
They've been making the exact same bow for the last five years, just different stickers. Buy a used one and save a ton!
You wouldn't be talking about the Hoyt AlphaMax, Maxxis, CRX, Vectrix, and Spyder would you?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Cheaper then Hoyt!!!

1 - 20 of 78 Posts