Archery Talk Forum banner

Would you shoot 2 bucks that where locked together fighting?

Would you shoot them?

1110 26
If you where in the woods and came across 2 bucks fighting would you shoot them?
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Registered
2,313 Posts
The winner just as they broke apart, I love to watch a good fight.

· Registered
84 Posts
Yes if they were the size I normally hold out for.

· Registered
25,350 Posts
i would take them.

are you asking if they were stuck together or just fighting by your stand?

ethier way.

· Registered
178 Posts
If they are stuck together they will probably both die anyway so what is the difference except the meat will not go to waste.

· Registered
754 Posts
Long as you have the tags and its legal then yes.......if not I would call the wardens, we have had that happen around here they came out and tranquilized them....cut em apart, and let em go......

· Registered
955 Posts
I would not shoot them unless there was no way possible to get them apart and they were going to die that way. The other poster said that a Game Warden had came out and put them under for a few minutes and cut them apart. That's the way to go in my opinion. It's not very sporting to arrow a deer while they are stuck together.

· Registered
6,815 Posts
most locked bucks don't survive after the ordeal even if seperated..so i say shoot em!....it would be rare and a once in a lifetime oppourtunity to do it!...so i wouldn't hesitate!

· Registered
5,367 Posts
As long as i had tags for them i'd shoot em. Unless of course they were dinkers.

· Registered
1,267 Posts
As long as i had tags for them i'd shoot em. Unless of course they were dinkers.
I just looked at your Avatar and busted out laughing again over that thread. That 'bere' is the funniest thing I have seen in quite awhile!

As far as shooting the bucks, I think the OP meant while they are fighting. Not if locked together.

My answer to this is only shoot one. (That is all were allowed to shoot in MN)

· Registered
Hoyt Satori w/ Uukha Gobi limbs 45# @ 28"
2,777 Posts
We can only shoot 1 buck in Ohio, so I did NOT vote on the poll. I'd shoot the largest one and when the live one became tired enough for me to approach it, I'd attempt cutting an antler off of the live buck for him to escape. :thumb: Or I'd call the GW after shooting the larger buck and have him take care of the other buck.

More than likely, I'd attempt my first option. If that option failed and I couldn't cut off an antler off of the other buck, then I'd call the GW and go from there. :)

Good hunting, Bowhunter57

· Registered
955 Posts
I just looked at your Avatar and busted out laughing again over that thread. That 'bere' is the funniest thing I have seen in quite awhile!

As far as shooting the bucks, I think the OP meant while they are fighting. Not if locked together.

My answer to this is only shoot one. (That is all were allowed to shoot in MN)
Look again, the poster stated in the poll, would you shoot two bucks that were LOCKED together fighting.

· Registered
55 Posts
I wish i could say that i would be the good ethical hunter that would seperate em but if they were shooters well......... you cant eat your tags right?!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.