Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been posting pictures of this buck all spring and summer. How old do you think this deer is and is he mature? I'm guessing he is 3 1/2. The property is 160 acres of which about 60 of it is wooded and has heavy gun hunting pressure all around it. What you shoot him given the chance?

Attachments

L

·
0 Posts
i would shoot it if it walked by me if you say there is real heavy gun pressure he probably won't make it

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
If he's the best you're going to see then maybe you should take him. Personally I'd try to let him go another year, he'll be a dandy next season. Also depends on the pressure around you.

·
Registered
81 Posts
most definitely, If you don't get him someone else probably will.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
logan swenson said:
i would shoot it if it walked by me if you say there is real heavy gun pressure he probably won't make it
How did the buck make it this long? If he is 3.5 then he has already made it through 3 gun seasons. There is always a chance though that he will get shot, but you never know there is no guarantees he will get shot. If you do shoot him and are happy with him then great, but just remember that they will probably just shoot another buck if you want to think like that.

·
Registered
5,634 Posts
letemgrow said:
How did the buck make it this long? If he is 3.5 then he has already made it through 3 gun seasons. There is always a chance though that he will get shot, but you never know there is no guarantees he will get shot. If you do shoot him and are happy with him then great, but just remember that they will probably just shoot another buck if you want to think like that.
:amen: :amen: :amen: :amen: :amen: :amen:

·
Team #12 - 2009 Winners!!
10,149 Posts
if he walked by ME he would be leaving with a hole through his chest... lol but that is my thoughts

·
Registered
6,796 Posts
His chest does not look filled out for a 3 1/2 year old. I think he needs one more season.

·
Registered
28,624 Posts
One more season will put him up there.

·
Banned
97 Posts
on the g

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
22jdub said:
If he's the best you're going to see then maybe you should take him. Personally I'd try to let him go another year, he'll be a dandy next season. Also depends on the pressure around you.
i agree with you on this great deer but next year could be a real brute

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
If he was on public land then yes, but if on private I would give him one more year.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
it depends...

I try to kill something bigger each year...(only way the wife will let me hang it on the wall)..i have one bigger than that one already....

If it was Dec. 31st...you bet your rear end!!! ha ha:wink:

·
Registered
972 Posts
Antelope Hunting Questions

My title to this post is incorrect, just ignore it! LOL

Hey Minnesota, I think you should just leave that buck alone for another year.

I'll be coming up from Iowa in November for the Iowa/Minnesota football game, and would be happy to "scout" it for you then!!! ;-)

Just let me know where he is!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Depends what you are happy with. For me, a buck like that taken with a bow is a trophy. If I were hunting with my rifle I would likely let him walk. Everyone has their own ideas of a trophy.

1 - 20 of 91 Posts