Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lease deal went bad. The guy I leased (paid) wont let me out there and isn't returning my money (600.00). In nc 80 to file small claims without lawyer. I have been so nice to this @$$hole but I am done and back to public land for me so court or no court? Thanks

·
Trollinus Maximus.
33,342 Posts
do you have a signed contract? if so, yes, if not, no more wasting money.

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
H3ll yeah take it to court! That jackass stole $600 off of you! Idk about you but any money I work hard for and I don't have that kind of cash laying around!!

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just one quick question, when you asked for your money back which I am assuming you did what did he say?
He said yes but he didn't have it he would send 100 a week until done I said ok no check yet

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No contract but emailed receipts and text messages

·
Registered
6,375 Posts
Keep after him, but I wouldn't invest anymore money into it. It's an expensive lesson, but a lesson learned. Goodluck

·
Registered
355 Posts
I see your from NC. I know there was a guy posting on GON a few years back that was doing the same with some land in Ga and Tennessee. I haven't heard anything this year down here, about this kind of stuff. Just wondering was the land in Tennessee? Good luck in getting your money back!!!

·
Registered
3,521 Posts
If I did I would not take a lawyer. I can barely afford to loose $600 but can not afford to spend to much to get it back. I would keep after him to let me hunt.

·
Registered
13,750 Posts
Lease deal went bad. The guy I leased (paid) wont let me out there and isn't returning my money (600.00). In nc 80 to file small claims without lawyer. I have been so nice to this @$$hole but I am done and back to public land for me so court or no court? Thanks
if you have a lease agreement or a receipt take him to small claims if you have neither it will be much harder to prove unless you have other witnesses / members who lost money

·
Registered
366 Posts
Show up at his door every Friday and ask for your money. Don't stop until you get it all. If he has a problem with that....(which he will)...let him call the cops.

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
tough to know how to proceed without knowing what is in your lease contract (if there was one, implied or expressed).

1 - 20 of 40 Posts