Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a sr71 for a k&k vengence? I dont have anyway to shoot the vengance. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my LG-P505 using Tapatalk

·
The Buck Drops Here
5,925 Posts
Sounds like a good trade to me.

However there was issues with tuning the K&K bows before. Now there's lots of knowledge on the subject so it should be a lot easier.
I'd do it if it was me and the bows were comparable in shots and age.

·
Registered
16,676 Posts
I would I have owned both and liked the veng. way better. it had a better valley for a 30" inch draw the sr71 wanted to rip my arm off all the time. Only problem I had with the veng. was it was hard to tune. The veng also had a smoother/easier draw imo

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
The only problem is the slow customer service. Mods eat the cable and have been promised for some time same for the reto fit cams. If you are the impatient type or wanting to upgrade be prepared to wait, that said, I have owned both and like the Vengeance better.

bob

·
Registered
5,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dont really need one thats hard to tune. Anything else?

Sent from my LG-P505 using Tapatalk

·
The Buck Drops Here
5,925 Posts
I think "hard to tune" is relative to the tuner. The K&K's are particular to arrow spine, from what I've read. The Strother's brand is better as well.

·
Registered
10,738 Posts
No way -

Too much stuff evolving around one person in particular. Even though he may have had his issues with Strother and there were some tuning issues with the SR at least there is a real company to back it up.

I actually dont think K&K will even be in existance in the near future.

·
Registered
6,858 Posts
I've owned both and still own the Vengeance. SR71 does have short valley but I liked the bow a lot. Vengeance is not too tough to tune IMO as I have great flight and my broadheads are same POI as FT's all day long. :thumbs_up Vengeance is the best feeling bow I have shot to date.

The problem with the Vengeance is that it does eat cables. I was going to get rid of it just because of that reason, but held onto it when they announced they would provide new mods and also offered the retro cams. No idea at this point of when the mods or the new cams will be available........:thumbs_do

Tough to steer you away from the sweetest shooting bow I've felt to date, but with so much up in the air, I couldn't suggest getting the Vengeance. Hopefully for all involved the issues get resolved for K&K.

The Genetix I'm now shooting is a butter smooth bow and giving the Vengeance a run for it's money!!!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts