Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just what the question asks. i am convincing myself the farther your sight out from the front of your bow the tighter your pin gap will be?? am i wrong? reason i ask is cuz i am changing my string and basically how i have my bow setup and thinking about bringing my sight back to the next group of holes bout 1/2 inch closer to my eye and curious to know if this might affect my pin gap once i get my bow dialed?? maybe 1/2 inch i wont notice a difference what ya think??

·
Registered
5,396 Posts
You are wrong :D

The closer the pins are to the bow , the closer they will be together .

Long extension = large pin gap , short extension = short pin gap .

·
Registered
781 Posts
You are wrong :D

The closer the pins are to the bow , the closer they will be together .

Long extension = large pin gap , short extension = short pin gap .
Yep,
Draw you an eye on a piece of paper, then about 4 inches to the left draw two dots for the sight pins. Now, draw a straight line from the eye through each dot. Then, look at moving the dots closer or further from the eye and see what happens.

·
Registered
771 Posts
The easiest way to remember is to ask yourself how big your pin gap would be if you put your sight all the way ON the target. Pretty big!:smile:

·
Registered
3,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
only thing is the farther out your sights the more precise your pins are on the target. but a 1/2 inch prob dont make much difference. thanks guys.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts