Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just sitting here browsing the forum, when my phone rang. I knew it was my sister, but I could not understand her at first...finally I got that my cousins daughter was found murdered last night at about one in the morning. she was playing outside yesterday and I guess the last time anyone saw her alive was about five thirty. at about eight her moms boyfriend and her mom called the police to report her missing. she was discovered about one in the morning in a dumpster, dead...in the trailer park that she lives in. she was nine. I guess from what I am getting right now, they have a 'neighbor' in custody and have arrested him for murder...wow, this is just insane. it hasn't even really sunk in at this point...but im sure it will soon. I am just in shock. my cousins name is rich murphy, and he as well as the rest of the family could really use your prayers. what a sick, sick world...that a nine year old girl is killed. it happened in a small town called Smithville, which is ten minutes from my house. my sister said they were still questioning others, but they have a suspect...which I guess is good, because rich would kill this dude if he got to him first...I just don't understand how a human being can do things like this to another human being...and a child is just a whole other level of sick....prayers please. and once I get my head wrapped around this, and have more info I will post....till then if anyone has any links to updated info, feel free...not sure I will feel like being on the computer for a few days...me and him were close, and I am sure he will need us there for him...I could not imagine loosing one of my children, especially at this age, in this manner.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Can't even imagine losing one of my girls. My heart goes out to you and your family. Prayers sent. May God comfort you all

·
Airborne Archery
9,089 Posts
I live in Ohio and heard about this this morning. I am glad they found the guy. I prayed for your family earlier today and will continue to do so. I can't imagine what you and your family is going through and my family and friends will keep you in our thoughts and prayers.

·
Registered
3,606 Posts
Wow! I am so sorry to hear this. Prayers sent from Arizona.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Sorry to hear about that. There's gotta be a special place in hell for anyone who would harm a child.

·
Airborne Archery
9,089 Posts
My wife was sending the picture of your cousins daughter to everyone we know last night. She has been crushed all day when we heard the news. Im so sorry and your in our thoughts and prayers and will continue to be.

·
Registered
10,824 Posts
Oh my goodness:cry:that is absolutely awful....I don't know what to say other than I'm sorry for your family's loss. As a father myself I couldn't begin to imagine losing my daughter:cry:

I send my deepest condolences to you and your family. I pray for your strength and healing during this time and that their's no mercy shown to the individual responsible.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Sorry for you loss! I can't even imagine what your family is going through. Prayers sent from WY.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I don't have any children of my own, but my sisters kids and I are very close. My niece is 8 yrs old and I absolutely adore her.

The very thought...of some sick individual harming her...would turn me inside out. I can't even fathom how I would even begin to deal with something like that.

You and your family have my thoughts and prayers.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Sorry to hear about that. There's gotta be a special place in hell for anyone who would harm a child.
Mathew 18: 6 reads "But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea."

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
So sorry for family's lose...Prayers sent from Iowa

1 - 20 of 128 Posts