Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
4,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sittin on top of a mountain in WV at 4300', "ridin the storm out, waitin' for the fallout", 18" in 8 hours! High winds, power went out at 1:30 this morning, no worries though, fired the 20KW generator up, and ground some coffee beans, fresh coffee! It's 13 miles to the first stop sign, could be a few days before we see it!

·
Extreme Opinionated One
44,331 Posts
It started here in MD at around midnight. I got around 12" in the yard at the moment and it just keeps on coming down with no signs of letting up.

·
Registered
538 Posts
We've got over 2 foot here in Randolph Co... at the foot of Cheat Mtn.

Not sure what the mountain's got... but I'm guessing over 30"

·
Extreme Opinionated One
44,331 Posts
Went out and measured it at 2:30 pm sat in Frederick and have 18" on the ground and its expected to keep on snowing till tomorrow

·
Banned
4,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We ended up with 30" on top of the mountain, I spent 6 hrs in a D6 dozer plowing our way out today.

Suppose to snow more tonight.

·
Banned
4,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
WE got off the mountain today and heading home. It took me 6 hrs yesterday to plow the drifts out to the county road with a D6, and a farm tractor to meet us today at the county road and blaze a trail for 5 miles to the coal mine where the snowplow stopped. Nothing broke, nothing bent, no casualities, sittin' at the airport bar right now!:darkbeer::darkbeer::darkbeer:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts