Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what most guys do as far as wrapping meat that could be in the freezer one year, or a little longer? I noticed Rancid suggests double wrapping with plastic wrap, not freezer paper.
Thanks in Advance....Gregory:tongue:

·
Registered
44 Posts
get yourself a foodsaver vaccume sealer. you won't be disappointed. meat will last a year no problem, wrap with plastic wrap then vac-seal.

·
Registered
182 Posts
definitely get a vaccuum sealer. Might be a little more expensive, but well worth it. I have found steaks over 3 yrs old in my freezer, that when thawed, looked almost as fresh as when I packaged them.

·
Registered
976 Posts
All my meat goes in a freezer bag then double wrapped with butcher paper. I know it sounds like overkill but I have had meat for 2 1/2 years that was still great and in the freezer bag it dosen't bleed all over when thawing out. Two keys to good meat are removing the O2 from the package and keeping light away from it. This has been my method for the past 30 years with excellent success. Personally I have not had good luck with the foodsaver, maybe its just m and the bags are spendy.

·
Registered
999 Posts
I just wrap the meat tightly in butcher paper and then put a bunch of the same type of packages in a large 2 1/2 gal ziplock. Haven't ever had any freezer burn since I started bagging the packages several years ago. It alsao makes it alot easier to find what I looking for when theres similar steaks etc packages in separate bags.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts