Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How critical is the width of arrow wraps? I am shooting Beman MFX arrows which are a little smaller in diameter (.265") than the ICS Hunters (.295"). I would assume that regular wraps would have to be trimmed or would overlap. Any insight on how to get around this?

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
i am pretty sure the wrap size is .95 i have used regular 1" wraps that barely overlap and personally i cannot tell the difference. check out the onestringer site they have a wrap sizing chart etc.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Calculated wrap size is 0.83". I guess my question as much as anything is does it hurt to overlap?

·
Registered
6,057 Posts
some overlap is normal. I have used 1" and .95" and dont notice a difference. I currently shoot .95" from onestinger

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
man according to onestringers chart mfx has a wrap of .95 is this wrong?
Not sure but I measured the diameter to be 0.265" ( I work in a machine shop and used digital calipers). Circumference = pi * diameter so (0.265 * 3.14159 = 0.833"

I tried a standard wrap on one last night and there was some overlap but doesn't seem like it would be a problem.

·
Registered
14,403 Posts
There is NO problem with some overlap. The only thing to keep in mind is additional weight if you are mixing wraps, but it isn't much. I'll second onestringers wraps. Awesome.

·
Registered
10,964 Posts
actually some overlap on an arrow wraps helps! The vinyl will not only adhere to the shaft but also the other part of the vinyl.

If you have no overlap and butt them together it's highly likely they will come part. Any moisture allowed to get into the gap will effect the material. So definately use an overlap:wink:

.95 will work but I'd go 1" myself

1 - 9 of 9 Posts