Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have trouble with wraps tearing? I've had 3 vanes tear off (wrap & vane) last week. I'm wondering if the hot weather may cause the glue to soften. Also, I'm using a whisker biscuit, so that probably contributes. might be the final straw to switch to a drop away.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Treblig said:
Anyone have trouble with wraps tearing? I've had 3 vanes tear off (wrap & vane) last week. I'm wondering if the hot weather may cause the glue to soften. Also, I'm using a whisker biscuit, so that probably contributes. might be the final straw to switch to a drop away.

I have seen that on several guys who tried useing wraps with the WB. That also goes to show how much force the WB really does apply to the vanes.

·
NC ASA Director
35,983 Posts
I had one come off like that this weekend. I determined the problem was because I glued one of the vanes right over the seam line, trying to hide the seam.

I won't make that mistake again.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
I use wraps...

I use wraps thru a biscuit and have never had that problem!! are you preping the shafts before the wraps go on?? like wiping down with alchol wrap may not be sticking 100%...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Prep

Yeah - prep may have been a problem - when I refletched, I used goo gone, soap & water & alcohol - we'll see

1 - 5 of 5 Posts