Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone placed arrow wraps just foward of there vanes? and what would be the grain weight difference between regular wraps or using paint? i want to add alittle weight to my arrows but, was thinking of adding a wrap or paint just in front of the vanes. and would it affect arrow flight much?

·
Registered
5,465 Posts
Why go in front of the vanes, don't want to refletch? Wraps weigh roughly 10 grains so I would think they will be a little heavier than paint but not much. This will also affect your FOC and spine but not anything to worry about. Go ahead you can always peel the wrap off.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i tear up alot of vanes and in turn would tear up wraps alot re-fletch all the time. and was wondering if anyone had done this and how it affected the arrow. it's something to try and experiment with.

·
Registered
5,465 Posts
Use wraps and blazer vanes and you will not tear them up, I have been shooting one of my sets of arrows for over a year with the same wraps and blazer vanes and have not lost one vane or wrap and I shoot them through a Whisker Biscuit. Get your wraps from DJ (bowmanhunter) here on AT or http://www.bownamhunter.com I glue my blazers on with loctite gel and put a dab of regular super glue at the front and rear of each vane after it's fletched.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i have 3 inch duravanes and use the same glue and do the dabs also. i'll have to try it and see what happens. thanks for the link.

·
Registered
10,964 Posts
I would have to think that the weight placed there would throw the FOC off a bit too much. Maybe a reflective "band" but I wouldn't go with anything bigger in that area. Just my 2 cents:)

DJ

1 - 7 of 7 Posts