Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day archers!

Looking for some feedback, especially from those with direct experience. I really enjoy my Wrath SHO, 60# and 28". I have taken notice of the Prime Ion, which has very close specs to the SHO, and am considering checking them out. Problem is, I live no where near a Prime dealer. Important to me are shootability, quality and performance. Beyond recreation, my bows are used in the elk woods. Please tell me more about the Ion and what to expect compared to the Wrath SHO.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have never shot the SHO but I do own a ion. I'm my opinion it is a great tree stand/blind bow. I do not shoot spots in league I only do for practice but it shoots great for that as well. It's very light at 3.8lbs and the draw cycle is fantastic. Shoots like a much longer ata bow. Only advise I can give it is if you plan on going to shoot one take your wallet full of cash

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have never shot the SHO but I do own a ion. I'm my opinion it is a great tree stand/blind bow. I do not shoot spots in league I only do for practice but it shoots great for that as well. It's very light at 3.8lbs and the draw cycle is fantastic. Shoots like a much longer ata bow. Only advise I can give it is if you plan on going to shoot one take your wallet full of cash

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the feedback.

·
HUNT'N SWAMP DONKEYS
4,977 Posts
I have a Ion just got it about a month ago by far one of the best bows I have shot..draw is smooth and a solid back wall...You will not be dissapointed

·
Registered
993 Posts
Had a SHO and a Rush XT, decided to sell the Sho and keep the Rush.
No issues at all with the SHO, loved it, just liked the Rush a tad better.
The Ion is very similar to the SHO, honestly...your not gonna fall in love with it over your SHO.
2 Things to consider...
Strother is no more, I don't know if Moxie took on the SHO, I know they didn't take the Rush.
The ION, a great bow but is it going to be worth the extra coin to get a bow that won't make you forget about the SHO???
I shoot for a Prime dealer, great bows, good CS...no issues at all but those Strother bows are shooters for sure.
Not to mention you'd probably have to damn near give the SHO away if you choose to sell it.
At the moment I'm trying to sell a 2015 Prime Rival and can't get any takers at $450...take that for what it's worth.

If it were me...I'd keep the SHO fo sho!!!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Had a SHO and a Rush XT, decided to sell the Sho and keep the Rush.
No issues at all with the SHO, loved it, just liked the Rush a tad better.
The Ion is very similar to the SHO, honestly...your not gonna fall in love with it over your SHO.
2 Things to consider...
Strother is no more, I don't know if Moxie took on the SHO, I know they didn't take the Rush.
The ION, a great bow but is it going to be worth the extra coin to get a bow that won't make you forget about the SHO???
I shoot for a Prime dealer, great bows, good CS...no issues at all but those Strother bows are shooters for sure.
Not to mention you'd probably have to damn near give the SHO away if you choose to sell it.
At the moment I'm trying to sell a 2015 Prime Rival and can't get any takers at $450...take that for what it's worth.

If it were me...I'd keep the SHO fo sho!!!
Great feedback, thank you greatly. Just what I was looking for.

·
Bowhunter
1,107 Posts
The SHO is a fine bow. Many many fans of that rig. I still have one. I never cared for a short ata bow till I shot a SHO. Its a shooter for sure

Moxie Archery can help you with any parts or technical questions.

·
Premium Member
26,835 Posts
I have not shot the Ion,the sho is my favorite bow ever built though,i have owned over 80 and shot hundreds and nothing beats it for me as a hunting bow.I recently bought a 3rd sho,so i have two as i sold my first one 6 weeks after i bought it in 13'.Moxie is releasing a new short ata at the ata in January from what i understand.I will be buying it.I used to buy 10-20 bows a year,i have no desire to buy any now,i am happy as can be with it....Grizz

1 - 8 of 8 Posts