Archery Talk Forum banner

wrath valley

1254 Views 8 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  MoxieArchery
I was wondering if I put my overdraw protection post one post longer than my draw mod would I be alright and get a bigger valley. ( 27 inch mod and overdraw protection post 27.5 ) Thanks in advance.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
7,488 Posts
Pretty decent chance of locking the bow up doing that.

· Registered
10,748 Posts
It will lock up if its all in specs.....Id suggest starting from scratch, that bow has a ton of valley in it. If you are getting a short one, something is a miss.

· Registered
123 Posts
It will lock up if its all in specs.....Id suggest starting from scratch, that bow has a ton of valley in it. If you are getting a short one, something is a miss.
I'm having the same problem with my 2012 Wrath. The valley is less than 1/2". When I get tired it sneaks up and tries to kill me. It is way to jumpy for me. What can be out of wack to cause this in a bow that has," a tone of valley". It is all synced. IT shoots bullet holes.

How does it lock the bow. Isn't there is a wall in the cam that you can not pull past, even without the stops?

Please forgive my ignorance. I'm getting back into archery after 20-years off. I did watch the utube video on tuning the wrath.

· Registered
158 Posts
What draw length are you guys shooting? You could put the cable stop back one if youre going to back the limb stop back a bit for more valley, but like Garceau said you have to be careful that you don't over draw. When he says it will lock up, the cam will rotate to the point that it wont come back forward and stay locked in the full draw position. That's dangerous. If/when it does come back its a lot of force. Something is probably a little out of tune, Check your brace height and ata to make sure those are spot on. If you have a long draw you cant move the cable stop back one because it goes back too far.

· Registered
535 Posts
I have 2 Moxies, and I have the same issues with them as Scota4570. Both have VERY short valleys. One was setup by Brad at Strothers and the other by the original owner. Both have very, very short valleys, and as stated above, if u let up just a little bit, it will try to take the release outta your hand. I LOVE these two bows, the short valley is my only complaint.
Bill

· Registered
67 Posts
Moxie Archery does not recommend moving the pegs. The bow should have a good amount if valley. ATA and brace height should be checked. Are you in the 80% track? Please feel free to call into the 888-QLTY-BOW number and ask for Torrey staring next Monday the 28th.

Merry Christmas to all!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.