• Hook style

Votes: 26 68.4%

• Total voters
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you use and why? What's the advantages/disadvantages of each one? Duel caliper, hook style, single caliper...

Just trying to figure out what's the easiest on a d-loop and which you think has the most consistent release pattern/travel??

·
El Cool Arrow >>---->
8,814 Posts
Hook style and prefer reverse... Like and RX2 or a Quickie II but the list goes on like Tru Fire, Tru Ball Fang or silverhorn. They also seam to get the best tuning results. Some releases will give hell trying to shoot a bullet through paper. I prefer Carters, best quality IMO.

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
The Carter Like Mike is great as far as wrist releases go, but after using a handheld, I'll never go back.

·
"Keep Hammering"
7,901 Posts
I have a Carter Quickie +1 and a Stan Blackjack Hinge. I prefer the hinge for 99% of all shooting except hunting.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
338 Posts
Love the truefire short and sweet s1. once I used one I haven't wanted to use anything else

·
Registered
Ten Point Turbo GT - Ten Point Nitro X
1,920 Posts
There are times when I feel like I have a chain around my wrist. But I really like the control I have with a wrist strap release. I wouldn't use nothing else for hunting than my truefire hardcore max. I just wish it had a Velcro strap instead of a buckle. That thing has stretched big time and then its tight going to the next hole and so on. Other than the strap/buckle I love the hook style wrist release. Ive shot a hand held release and the freedom it can give you is awsum. Your not straped to it and your wrist don't get hot while your shooting. But when the target panic comes a calling, It effects me more than the wrist strap.

·
Anti Fanboy
41,825 Posts
The only input I will give is for target shooting I prefer a hand held release of some sort.

For hunting I much prefer my fold back wrist release. The buckle does not bother me at all.

·
Registered
414 Posts
There are times when I feel like I have a chain around my wrist. But I really like the control I have with a wrist strap release. I wouldn't use nothing else for hunting than my truefire hardcore max. I just wish it had a Velcro strap instead of a buckle. That thing has stretched big time and then its tight going to the next hole and so on. Other than the strap/buckle I love the hook style wrist release. Ive shot a hand held release and the freedom it can give you is awsum. Your not straped to it and your wrist don't get hot while your shooting. But when the target panic comes a calling, It effects me more than the wrist strap.
I have owned the Trufire Hardcore Max in both buckle and velcro. I much prefer the buckle version. While the strap may stretch a bit over time it is much easier to determine the right fit by picking the same hole every time. Can't do that with velcro. Also the velcro is god awful loud. I have tried multiple wrist strap and IMO this is by far my favorite.

·
Premium Member
10,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good info guys, thanks ..... Bttt

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
I really like my Tru-fire hardcore maxx
Hook style makes it easy to get on a d loop
Ive seen no d loop wear with it in thousands of shots on several bows
The head design has a part that swivels to reduce torque and I find this works very well
I can shoot a bareshaft with my thumb release and not get perfect flight then grab this and the bareshaft straightens right out
The s buckle strap padding is very comfortable and the settings on this thing are great
I'd highly recommend it

1 - 10 of 10 Posts