Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's your opinion of using a wrist sling? When I use it, the bowstring strikes my armguard more frequently. I don't grip the bow, but lightly touch the tip of my index finger to my thumb to keep the bow from leaving my hand.

·
Registered
20,289 Posts
Stick -

Real question is - how are you changing your "grip" when you use the sling? Remember, hitting your armguard is pretty much a guaranteed miss, unless of course you hit it the same way all the time, ;) .

If you're asking for opinions, I don't use a sling, I just keep a very relaxed grip on the bow (recurve or longbow) and let the bow do what it wants to on release. Just curving the fingers around the back of the handle is usually enough, haven't dropped one yet.

BTW - if you're touching you thumb and index finger, you either have very big hands or a very small handle :D.

Viper1 out.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Wrist slings are more appropriate for light target bows with light arrows. They don't help that much if at all with heavier hunting bows. In fact, it appears they might even adversely affect your shooting.

Try simply rotating your bow wrist away from the handle at the bottom. That might take care of things better than some gadget.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts