Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What wrist slings do you guys use? Was looking at Slingitcustoms but don't seem to find any reviews about it.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I’ve had SlingItCustoms do a bow wrist sling, bow sling, and a lanyard for my release. I’ve been very happy with all of them, and wouldn’t hesitate to order again.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I don’t get the wrist sling. I never left my bow drop completely from my hand. I’m not a target guy. Opinions definitely welcome

·
Registered
970 Posts
I actually break all the rules with mine. When it runs over my bow hand it's a little snug when my hand is just perfect. My groups have really shrunk, Is it against every rule there is yes! But needs must

·
Registered
49,510 Posts
Get one made from paracord not leather or hard tubeing. Keep it loose enough that you can get a gloved hand in and out with out forceing. It only serves ONE purpose, to catch the bow if it happens to get away from you. I call them a cheap insurance policy.
Pardox makes some nice ones for about $12.

·
Registered
Elite Gt500, Elite Envy, Reign 6
1,993 Posts
I honestly don't know lol. I think my gt500 has a bling sling from 2009 or 2010. My reign 6 and Elite Envy have slings i bought from a random place on eBay but the slings are really nice so I guess they are a reputable company I just cant remember who I bought them from. I remember the name xforce girl I think from one of the transactions.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
i've never shot a bow without a sling in 48 years of shooting, so some of mine are pretty old. most recent purchase is probably 8 or 10 years ago, bought from a young lady on this site that was selling them in the classifieds. made from para-cord, with a thick leather tab to mount them under a stabilizer. they work great, look great and a comfortable because they have plenty of adjust-ability for room for a glove on your bow hand. i especially like them because thay are thick and substantial. i don't care for the single string or light leather starps that you see sometimes.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I don’t use a wrist strap, but have bought more than a few SlingIt Customs lanyards for releases. Great product, great customer service, and last I looked, free shipping.

·
Registered
Mathews Triax
246 Posts
made my own with 550 cord, no issues, I run it loose. It runs through the riser, not attached to the Stab mount.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I also made my out of 550 cord and it works great. Cabelas has a video on YouTube on how to make it and it was really simple.

·
Registered
4,275 Posts
SlingIt does great work, just seems to take awhile to get it.

·
Back Yard Champion
27,704 Posts
Everybody and their makes wrist slings today. I haven't seen anything better than the next except if wanting personalized - color to match bow or whatever. Finger slings are seen more with target shooters. One in California has bow company medallions - mine, Pearson.

013.JPG
P2041172-1.jpg

·
Registered
5,663 Posts

I learned to make my own, but it sort of got out of hand. I make these by the box full and donate them to 4H.

Automan

Reactions: RossRagan

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
I make my own with 'el cheapo dollar store paracord.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
I just make my own as well. If you look on Amazon or eBay, you'll find paracord in all kinds of colors. Then you can watch a few videos on YouTube that shows you how.

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
49,510 Posts
I honestly don't know lol. I think my gt500 has a bling sling from 2009 or 2010. My reign 6 and Elite Envy have slings i bought from a random place on eBay but the slings are really nice so I guess they are a reputable company I just cant remember who I bought them from. I remember the name xforce girl I think from one of the transactions.
Bling slings were made by XForce girl( haven't seen her on here in sometime now). I have one on my current bow.

·
Registered
465 Posts
I use one from Jakt Gear along with their sling-a-ling. I like the magnetic system he has to keep the sling in tight when not in use.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Bling slings were made by XForce girl( haven't seen her on here in sometime now). I have one on my current bow.
I have one of hers on my Vengeance. Funny, I tried contacting her today to get one for my new bow, She had a real nice metal option in place of the leather. I've really gotten use to it and don't want to go back to leather. Hopefully, she responds.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts