Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried Carter Chocolate Lite Thumb release for the first time for a thumb release a week ago and immediately liked it. That release is a natural fit for me. I shot a 15 target 30 course Monday and shot as well as I ever have with trigger releases. I am going to use it for hunting but don't want to drop it from the tree stand. Do other thumb release users use a wrist strap or some other restraint.

Many Thanks

·
Registered
217 Posts
Clip to the loop always ready

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

·
Registered
389 Posts
It put together a wrist strap for my chocolate lite 4 finger. I used a key ring to attatch the strap to the release. It doesn't make any noise (surprisingly). I only use the strap when I'm elk or antelope hunting, when i'm in a treestand I take off the strap and clip it on and let it hang. Fantastic releases, I shoot better with mine than I ever have with another release.

·
Design&Hunt
1,726 Posts
Clip to the loop always ready

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
This is my plan with mine. I have made a strap from paracord for when I am out target or at a 3D. I am going to mod it so that I have a clasp on the strap and a ring on the release that I can quickly hook up to and take off if I want.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Many Thanks for the reply's

I have the Carter Chocolate Lite 4 finger - I agree it is a fantastic release

Here is the back ground story to me getting this release
I had a coaching session with a former Olympic archer because I was not happy with my anchor / release and head position looking thu my peep. Nothing felt consistent / repeatable and every thing felt crowded.
The coach got me into a lower anchor position and suggested that I try the Carter thumb release (which he uses) - he thought I would like it but not the price.........
The first time I drew the bow the anchor point and my head alinement felt much better (natural) then ever before. using the thumb or little finger helps big time with punching the trigger which i did a little with trigger style releases.
Prior to this coaching session I had NO intention to switch to a thumb release - it had not crossed my mind.
I am amazed at how easy it was for me to switch to a thumb release - it was instant

·
Registered
111 Posts
"I have the Carter Chocolate Lite 4 finger - I agree it is a fantastic release"

I have the same release and also have not shot better! I'm thinking of keeping a wrist type release in my pack should the time come I drop my Carter out of the tree! :angry:

I might try to create a way to attach a sling to avoid this situation all together.

Thanks and Good Luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts